Author Topic: Broadvoice wiki article  (Read 3123 times)

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
Broadvoice wiki article
« on: January 29, 2009, 03:57:44 pm »
http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Broadvoice

Can this article be re-written to seperate the experiences from the setup? With them being intertwined, it may be difficult for new users to figure out the proper steps.

Also, if you could include the need for the gen-sip device in addition to any broadvoice branded boxes and why thats VERY important. If we inform our users properly, the shouldn't need broadvoice tech support to get up and running. Tschak was actually the one that set me straight on proper setup as broadvoice tech support was useless.

Thanks
golgoj4
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

ccoudsi

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Broadvoice wiki article
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 04:08:37 am »
I just signed up with Broadvoice service, after reading most topics it looks it is a good choice here in the Bayarea, I followed the wiki page instructions "http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Broadvoice", also I have a Grandstream "BudgeTone-100" IP-Phone, I plugged the phone to my hybrid (7.10) internal switch and got detected and installed all software needed, after that I run the wizard to set up the VOIP provider and entered the following:
username= phone_number
password= auth_password
Phone number= phone_number

after reboot, I can hear a dial tone on the phone, but I was not able to call outside either from the phone or from the orbitor, but able for short period of time to call my VOIP phone number from my cell phone and the Hybrid was answering the calls once I left a voice message and the hybrid crashed I had to force shutdown the system, I reinstalled everything on my second hybrid (8.10) exacltly what I did on the 7.10 Hybrid and now I can not call outbound or inbound, the Broadvoice techsupport said my Asterisk is already registered with them, so no issue here?? please advice what do I need to do so I can get the system up and running with inbound and outbound calls, is there any other setup I need to do??

Thanks in advance for your comments
Charlie, :)
Cheers |[BEER]
Charlie,

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 08:20:12 pm »
Hello,

1. I would recommend going with a clean install of 7.10 as i do not believe 8.10 is ready just yet.
2. If your hybrid is crashing when it receives calls, theres is a serious issue there. But to really get to a point where it can be figured out, we need you to install the 0710 release. Also, investigate the serious possibility of a heat issue.
3.When you do get setup, make sure your asterisk account registers. You can find that in the web admin under phones. Note that the dial tone means asterisk is providing it to the phone but doesn't mean the external call part is working.
4. Was the password used the one from the gen_sip details in the broadvoice account page?

Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

ccoudsi

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 10:02:09 pm »
golgoj4 thanks for your quick response, I will follow your instructions, to re-install on a fresh 7.10 Hybrid, and I will update you with the results.

Yes, it was the password used from the gen_sip details in the broadvoice account page.

Here's some history FYI:
The only thing I think I did wrong the first time I installed on 7.10, I used the following parameters:
---------------------------------------
username= Portal username
password= auth_password
After that I went, and restarted the wizard and modified the setup to:
username= phone_number
password= auth_password
After that the Hybrid was answering the calls, I left a message and crashed the system, so rebooted and fixed manually the file system "fsck" because system couldn't auto repair it, than I went to the phone line setup in the Admin page I saw there is 2 entries, so I deleted the first phone line which has the wrong configuration, after rebooted the system, LMCE was not able to answer any calls!!!
Cheers |[BEER]
Charlie,

ccoudsi

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 06:03:06 am »
golgoj4 thanks for your advice, I re-installed the same setup on a fresh 7.10 Hybrid, and it worked as expected from the first shot inbound/outbound, I don't know what to say, I will compare the configuration files from the failed 7.10 and 8.10 systems to the success system!!!

Calling from the IP-phone the voice was perfect on both ends, but when I dialed from the orbitor using microphone my voice was choppy on the other end, but I can hear the remote side very clear, any ideas????

Cheers {[BEER]}, :)
Cheers |[BEER]
Charlie,