went to the advanced settings of the sofware raid. It was set as Public... Changed this to use LinuxMCE's Directory Structure. I'm going to give it some time, but I think this will put everything right back where it should go.
One note on this though, make sure your user primary keys are the same as they were so that videos end up having the correct permissions. For example, I had 6 users in my house in 0710, but because I had made changes back then, the primary keys were 6,7,8,9,10 and 11. Those same users now under 0810 are 1,2,3,4,5 and 6 respectively. Therefore, as root I changed the directory names in that raid array from user_6 to user_1, user_7 to user_2 and so fourth before I checked the option to use LMCEs directory structure. When it is done updating the media the videos should fall right back in place for each user. I would espect that this part will be finished by the time I get off work and go home in the morning.