Author Topic: Add photos to Genres and Performers?  (Read 3078 times)

cirion

• Guru
    • View Profile
Add photos to Genres and Performers?
« on: January 26, 2009, 03:17:58 pm »
Is it possible to add photos to Genres and Performers?

chriss

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Add photos to Genres and Performers?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 05:01:33 pm »
I think you can add pictures to every attribute. Just use the media browser in the web admin, select the attribute and upload a picture.

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 11:47:09 pm »
Yes you can - you can add pics to the actual file, then Album, Track, Performer, Genre, Director, ASIN, CDDB, Ref#, Channel, Episode, Program, Title, Disc ID, Conductor, Composer/Writer, Studio, Rating, Release Date, Website, Chapter ... in that order!!

Look in the Pluto_Media database in the AttributeType table for the PicPriority field that describes this. There is also a wiki article on some of the basics for picture selection but I can't remember where it is :)

My understanding is that if you do not assign a picture to the actual media file, it will then look for a picture assigned to the Album attribute, then Track attribute and so on down the list until it finds one. I guess you can even assign fall through default image by assigning it to one of the attributes you know will always be blank!

cirion

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 06:29:05 am »
Thanks! That really helped a lot :)

Now the Series finally make sense...

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 10:17:22 am »
The only thing that doesn't make sense to me, when experimenting before posting, is that when I assigned a picture to a "release date" it only seemed to work when I actually clicked on the track and it presents you the Play, Close, Delete Move options. Then the picture comes up. But in the media grid browser the tiles on the left are still just text....

cirion

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 11:15:10 am »
I have now started organizing my series in a way that makes me not use the File view again.

I have always preferred to have my series in a folder for each series, then a sub folder for each season.
Now I can do that with filters....

What I have done is:

1. Create a Genre for a series.
2. Add a photo to the Genre.
3. Add that Genre to all the sub folders.
4. Add a photo to all the sub folders specific for that season.
6. Set media type to TV Shows on the sub folders
5. Add that Genre to all episodes.
6. Set media type to TV shows on all episodes.

Now, on my MD I can Sort by Genre and select type TV Shows and I get a list of different series.
If I enter one, I can select the Seasons at the top or go directly to the episode as they are all listed.
Each season has it's own picture. If I select a season I only see the episodes in that season.
Since I always take a screen shots every time I watch a episode, I can quickly see which I have seen.

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 12:57:35 am »
I just dump them into playlists, makes for easier viewing one episode after the other, and it keeps track of where you left off.
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous