Author Topic: DCE Disconnects me after I intercept a message  (Read 2838 times)

chrisbirkinshaw

• Guru
    • View Profile
DCE Disconnects me after I intercept a message
« on: January 23, 2009, 09:24:36 pm »
I setup an event and command socket to DCE and register for message interceptors - all good so far. I can directly message my device as many times as I like, but when it receives an intercepted message the core seems to expect some response, and closes my connection when I don't give it any. What is the solution for this?

Thanks,

Chris

bulek

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
Re: DCE Disconnects me after I intercept a message
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 01:10:09 am »
I setup an event and command socket to DCE and register for message interceptors - all good so far. I can directly message my device as many times as I like, but when it receives an intercepted message the core seems to expect some response, and closes my connection when I don't give it any. What is the solution for this?

Thanks,

Chris

Hi,

look under 7. and 8. here (I think that you also have to reply with OK to intercepted message):
http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Plain_Text_DCE_Messages

DCERouter is waiting only for a really short time...Quite frequently my device gets disconnected if it doesn't response quickly enough...

And when your device is disconnected in such way, there is a problem, cause its entry in /usr/pluto/locks stays and router reload won't start it again - you'll have to delete its ID from that file manually... I've learned this the hard way...

You can also check connectivity with Router by sending PING and receiving PONG back....

HTH,

regards,

Bulek.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 01:12:41 am by bulek »
Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

chrisbirkinshaw

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 07:57:58 pm »
Thanks for the tips. When I send an Ok after receiving an intercepted message it does indeed stop me getting disconnected, however I now receive the same message around 60 times after saying Ok! Have you seen this?

Regards,

Chris

bulek

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 10:50:09 pm »
Thanks for the tips. When I send an Ok after receiving an intercepted message it does indeed stop me getting disconnected, however I now receive the same message around 60 times after saying Ok! Have you seen this?

Regards,

Chris
Not that I'm aware of... What messages do you intercept ? What is in DCERouter log ? Maybe this is normal behaviour....

Regards,

Bulek.

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.