Author Topic: Where is the pointer to coverart?  (Read 3489 times)

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Where is the pointer to coverart?
« on: January 10, 2009, 06:54:33 am »
I'm tracking through the relationships in the MySQL database trying to find a pointer to coverart. I noticed in the AttributeType table the PicPriority field which seems to define the order in which coverart will be selected. ie first Album coverart will be used, if that doesn't exist then the track coverart, and so on through performer, genre, director, etc... This got me intrigued...

For a particular Performer (Armand Van Helden) of Performer AttributeType (2), I found the PK_Attribute key of 2884 in the Attribute table, then found that as FK_Attribute in the Picture_Attribute table referencing an FK_Picture of 639. I then found the 639 as an FK in Picture_File table referencing an FK_File attribute of 8265 - but when I look in the File table this is just the media itself, not the coverart.

So then I found PK_Picture of 639 in the Picture table - seems more likely so far, but that row doesn't have anything in the URL field. The only significant field is the extension which is set to jpg. In fact practically every row has the extension field set to jpg and nothing in the URL field.... so I'm completely lost now, can't find any other obvious relationship paths to follow, and the Picture table seems the obvious place for a link to the actual coverart, but it isn't there...

Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
Re: Where is the pointer to coverart?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 07:19:32 pm »
There is some wiki entry about pictures and coverart which details it a bit.

Basically, one of IDs is used as the name of the file in /home/coverart, iirc.

rgds
Oliver

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile