Author Topic: DVD Collection Management - Boxed sets and Cover art  (Read 8687 times)

canukguy1974

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: DVD Collection Management - Boxed sets and Cover art
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2010, 04:48:12 pm »
 I mean, say I tag my movies save the id3 tag and then say I save the folder and zip it and send it to say you and you use the tags for movies that you have update the database and voila save hours upon hours of work. I don't know if this is possible but, when I rebuilt this system I save all my id3's and imported them into new system. Or if you know of a way that I can edit id3 tags for video in windows. There are tons of programs for mp3 id3 tags but, I can't find any for video.

jimbodude

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2010, 04:57:46 pm »
Yes, the id3 files are portable.  They will be automatically applied to files that match the same name, from what I remember - so you can send them to whoever you want.

I'm not sure you're going to save me "hours upon hours" of work, since I'll have to rename all my files to match your names... Why not just do IMDB searches on my own?  Also, any DVD I put in is automatically identified, so I generally don't even need to do the search manually...

There are tools to view and edit id3 tags - these files are not a LinuxMCE-specific format.  I believe this is the correct Ubuntu package (though for the wrong version): http://packages.ubuntu.com/lucid/id3

I'm not sure why you would want to edit the tags "in windows"... You know Linux has graphical environments too, right?  I haven't ever heard of a windows program that reads ID3 files next to video files to import metadata.

TonyBryan

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2010, 10:26:05 pm »
Okay, got the filtering and searching working by changing the permission on my NAS drive where all the files are stored.  I had the lmce user set to read only.

I cannot figure out how to get hierarchical browsing.  This doesn' make sense to me - if it works for Audio (I can browse into artist/album/track happily) why can't we have a hierarchical view for DVDs?

jimbodude

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2010, 10:47:18 pm »
...because no one has written that feature into the code...