Author Topic: Hard Key Mapping article in the wiki.... (possy/thom?)  (Read 2339 times)

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Hard Key Mapping article in the wiki.... (possy/thom?)
« on: February 15, 2009, 06:19:18 am »
I was just working through this article and the database - http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Hardkey_And_Button_Mapping

The default key mappings for my onscreen orbiters are all the same and includes a first line of:

10   0 -300 1 741 159 1

From my reading of the article and the database, this seems to suggest that key 'F1' (mapping 10) sends a message of "command" type to the local Orbiter (-300), with a command number of 741 which means Goto Screen, and the screen specified (1) is Main. But when I modify this to a different screen number, regen and reload, it still does exactly the same thing. Moreover, 'F2' is mapped to "back" but also calls up Main. And F6/7/8 do specific things, but there isn't any mapping for them in this devicedata field...

What am I missing?

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: Hard Key Mapping article in the wiki.... (possy/thom?)
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 08:42:05 am »
Some keys are hard-coded into Orbiter, as part of the HID handler, for UI2.

-Thom

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Re: Hard Key Mapping article in the wiki.... (possy/thom?)
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 07:58:01 pm »
OK, but that still doesn't explain why none of the keys coded in that entry do what they are supposed to do. Some of the other F keys are supposed to Reload the router, call up the audio browser, stop media playing, etc, but none of them do that. And any key I customise to do something doesn't work either... this field doesn't seem to work at all...