Author Topic: panasonic ip camera  (Read 3653 times)

slow_learner

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
panasonic ip camera
« on: January 07, 2009, 05:45:02 am »
I've got the panasonic IP camera bl-c111. really cool camera by the way.  I got it to work in LMCE under the motion wrapper, using the generic ip camera template. 

unfortunate part is that the pan/scan functionality of the camera is not working.  the orbiters seem to be designed to initiate pan/scan commands to the camera, but they don't work. 

I've tried unsuccessfully to the set the camera up using the panasonic IP camera template.  the hope was that this template had the goods to make the camera work the way i want, but i've not yet been able to successfully grab stills using this template.

Has someone had success setting this camera up on their system and getting the pan/scan functionality to work? if so, what did you do that was unique?

thanks,

shane

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: panasonic ip camera
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 08:17:56 am »
There is an odd bug with the BL-C111A camera.

It will change IP addresses on you after LMCE detects it.

No problem. Let LMCE configure the camera... then, change the IP address under Wizard > surveillance cameras to the right camera address.. use a port scanner like nmap to find it.

-Thom

slow_learner

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 09:04:45 am »
Am still having a problem, even though I know I have it mapped to the right IP address.  the error log is giving me the following message

01   01/06/09 23:55:57.070      GSD Port is not specified. Instantiating non-IO Wrapper. <0xb602ab90>

jondecker76

• Alumni
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 01:05:56 am »
I recall someone saying at one point that commands to pan/tilt a camera were not passed to the actual camera by motion wrapper.

Try adding the camera as a direct child of an MD, and see if it the pan/tilt works then. (Of course you would lose out on all of the motion wrapper goodies. though if you could verify it, then it will at least give a direction to have the bug fixed)

jondecker76

• Alumni
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 08:00:02 am »
I just looked over the Motion Wrapper source a bit. In ReceivedCommandForChild(), only the Get_Video_Frame command is implemented. It should be trivial to forward the pan/tilt/zoom commands to the child camera within  ReceivedCommandForChild(). This will ensure camera control works even while using Motion Wrapper. Then of course you would have to add some tidbits of code to suspend emitting security events and a few other things while these messages are forwarded, as simply moving the camera or zooming would trip it on motion for sure otherwise. This would allow you to use and pan/tilt the cameras while the security system is armed without actually tripping it (I would immagine this is why the commands weren't forwarded in the first place)

If anyone has an extra camera I could use, I'd gladly get this working
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 08:16:21 am by jondecker76 »

slow_learner

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2009, 10:52:20 pm »
I did verify that setting up camera directly under the Core as a child device, using the panasonic IP camera template, does allow you to use the pan/tilt functionality.  my camera doesn't zoom, so i can't verify that, but otherwise it does work.