I have tonight heaved my core up to my home cinema so i could test plugging the USB-serial directly in, rather than into the MD. The detection script is run and finds the receiver, which is great news. I can see LMCE turn the device on and off while it is detecting it by looking at the front panel.
However, once I go through the steps to configure the device and the router reloads I get no further. Issuing commands from the web GUI or adjusting settings on the receiver itself does not cause anything at all to be logged to the device log.
I am not sure what else I can try. I have tried:
- MD vs Core for controlled by
- 2 physically different PCs
- On board serial vs USB-serial
- Tested using hyperterminal
- Change template so 8N1 now reads N81 (Andrew - this is correct, right?)