Author Topic: question about lighting events  (Read 2176 times)

fearingsept

• Guru
    • View Profile
question about lighting events
« on: January 06, 2009, 04:08:46 pm »
I just got my new zwave usb adapter and a wall plug-in for Christmas... I plug it in.. it works... so awesome...
I was reading on the wiki about lighting scenarios and I remember somewhere on this forum someone saying something about events being more relevant to what I want to do.

I want my lights to come on at 4:30 am at 30%. (i got a dimmer switch)
Then I want them to shut off at 5:10 am.

So I decided to create a timed event. Are the events handled like military time?
I didn't notice any am or pm selections for events. set up a "lights on" event for this morning and when I came down stairs my lights were not on so I am wondering if I may have done something incorrectly.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 05:01:16 pm by fearingsept »
Core: Broken :(

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: question about lighting events
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 05:26:44 pm »
yes, it is military time..

05:00 is 5am
17:00 is 5pm.

-Thom

fearingsept

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 02:21:26 pm »
I have my events worked out I think but when I come on in the morning at 4:45am my lights are not on. I still have to go to my orbiter and turn them on. Here is a screen shot of my event. Do I need to do anything else to enable this event?

I also notice that under the add commands using wizard it is always set to advanced wizard. I tried changing this to lighting wizard and saving it but whenever I come back to the screen it is back at the Advanced again.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 02:47:23 pm »
use the lighting wizard to set them. Then Hit save. You'll see the corresponding lights in the advanced wizard too... This doesn't...look...like a light switch from the command parameters below.....

-Thom

fearingsept

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 02:59:48 pm »
Ok, I think I got it worked out.
I just deleted the existing events that I set and redid it making sure I used the Lighting Wizard and it seems to be holding the settings now.

I will see tomorrow morning when I wake up if everything works.
I know I could just test it.. but I like living on the edge.