Author Topic: UpdateEntArea improvement suggestion (Unmanaged room)  (Read 6430 times)

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: UpdateEntArea improvement suggestion (Unmanaged room)
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2009, 08:44:34 pm »
Why not simple on/off lights?

-Thom

jondecker76

• Alumni
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2009, 11:31:23 pm »
simple on/off lights don't dim - so what is the use of showtime for these?

I only have X10 dimmers in my theatre room..  The rest of the rooms have X10 On/Off lights as they work very well with compact fluorescent lights...

In the case of Showtime, sending an On/Off light a Dim command to set it to say 30% causes the light to turn on full bore. (this is just the way X10 works)

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2009, 11:35:49 pm »
if you look at showtime a bit further, only accent lights are dimmed. The rest are shut off.

-Thom

jondecker76

• Alumni
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2009, 11:46:28 pm »
actually accent lights and ceiling lights dim per Showtime (30% and 10% respectively)

To be more clear - I plan on only dimming Accent lights and Ceiling lights IF they are dimmable. All other lights will work as they do now. Hope that makes a bit more sense.

Done this way, depending on your setup, the Showtime scenario can be different from one room to the next.

bulek

• Administrator
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2009, 01:16:55 am »
Hi,

I also like "unmanaged approach". It would be also fine if user could change that behaviour later. But regarding autogenerated scenarios I also see another huge problem....

When scenarios are autogenerated, they are generated in weird way, cause copies are made for each room - that means that you get separate copies of same scenario for each room. And then editing them is a night mare (I think that Wizard for Scenarios also does that).

It would be muuuuuuuch more convenient if we fix such behavour also. I don't use Scenario Wizard because of such silly behavour. I only use Advanced-Scenarios, where I can create scenario and then just click rooms it will appear in and this works much better, since I have only 1 scenario that is easy edited...
Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.