Author Topic: Navigation problems in DVD  (Read 3091 times)

powerbits

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Navigation problems in DVD
« on: January 05, 2009, 03:00:41 pm »
Hello

I found a strange problem: With my mediacenter remote control (standard MCE IR control) i could choose the menus in DVD titels.
For example the language or special scenes etc...

Although I can navigate in the LinuxMCE gui, in the DVD movies I con not anymore... where can i adjust this?

powerbits

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Navigation problems in DVD
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 06:02:57 am »
any help here?

Althoough i dont see the cursor or highlight move i can choose the options on a dvd menu (special features, play movie,..etc..)

How can I solve this?

indulis

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 08:37:24 am »
I am having the same issue.  No DVD menu cursor is visible though the actual DVD menus work, if I navigate "blind".

powerbits

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 09:20:32 am »
So wats the solution guys please?

I seem to recall it was possible once

jondecker76

• Alumni
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 09:48:52 am »
I've only noticed this on a couple of movies in my collection - most DVD menus do have some sort of cursor or highlight, so I think its more of an issue on the DVD end with specific DVDs.

On another note, there is a feature in Bookmarks that I use often that can sort of help you with this problem. On your dvd with the menu troubles, you can start the movie and immediately pause it. Go to bookmarks and click on "Set as start" (or similar wording). Any time you start the movie, it will start from this point, totally skipping the DVD menu all together for you. Of course, you will still have the option to go back to the DVD menu with the Menu button on the Orbiter remote.

powerbits

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 11:29:32 am »
Thanks for that info.

I will indeed test other titles to see how they work, but i strangely recall one of them working normally.

About your workaround solution with the bookmarks, thats very interesting.. does this work also with "scene selection" or "extra features" ?

Do we know why we have this problem?

powerbits

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 02:40:52 pm »
will this be present in 8.10 also?