Okay, let's try to drill this down to basics:
Suppose you add a IR controled receiver to your system.
First, your only purpose is to
- have it switch on/off
- select the correct input (VCR-1)
- control volume up/down
- perhaps control dolby surround settings
Where to begin?
- suppose there is no existing device template
- will you add a child device underneath the IR Transmitter?
- or will you create a child device underneath the media director where the receiver is located and make some connection somehow with the IR Transmitter?
- Do you have to manually configure or add a scenario that adds the receiver control actions to the applications say watch TV or watch Video?
- are these the Media Scenarios like Video:Entertainment Area,
Can someone point out where the default device templates live? Or are they created programmatic when the need arises?
Thanks for your input!
And a happy New Year!!