Author Topic: Do you integrate LMCE with ANOTHER home automation system?  (Read 806 times)

Domodude

Do you integrate LMCE with ANOTHER home automation system?
« on: December 28, 2008, 08:46:42 am »
Hi everyone,

LMCE is a very capable system, and growing every month. But there might be people who have other, less capable home automation systems around that are not plug-n-play with LMCE. I am curious if anyone found a good way to integrate an LMCE system with something else. Think of things like these:
  • An extensive KNX installation
  • A Z-Wave network with proprietary controller software (e.g. Merten RF In-wall Control Unit)
  • Lutron, Axonix or Sonos stuff

If you were successful, please let us know how you did it.  :D There is relatively much talk in these forums on about how to accomplish things within LMCE, but I am really curious about solutions outside the box.

Best regards,

Mark

bulek

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
Re: Do you integrate LMCE with ANOTHER home automation system?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 10:19:21 am »
Hi,

I've integrated :
- Marantz receiver in multiroom mode (serving two audio zones)
- Cybrotech Home Automation system (based on wired Canbus)

Plan to integrate:
- Texas Instruments low power RF network (simpliciti : http://focus.ti.com/docs/toolsw/folders/print/simpliciti.html )

Woud like to have :
- easy to use, but more featured than events handler, GSD device that would give us more freedom and feasibility to program a bit more complicated behaviour into LMCE (currently I use Misterhouse for that)

HTH,

regards,

Bulek.
Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

Domodude

Re: Do you integrate LMCE with ANOTHER home automation system?
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 10:55:26 am »
I guess it should be possible to have LMCE run as a secondary controller in a zwave network where Merten hardware takes the primary controller role. I am trying to figure this out with Merten switches and a Merten USB stick, together with MiCasaVerde as a secondary controller. If that works, I suppose it should work with LMCE as well!
That would solve a lot of problems for me.
If and when this setup is running, I will report back in this thread.