Author Topic: DVD Install hung: /usr/bin/lite-installer.sh: line 367: /bin/mkdir: No such ...  (Read 2157 times)

mel8989

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
Hi, I'm trying to install but the installation got hung at

tar: Read checkpoint 370000
DVD Install hung: /usr/bin/lite-installer.sh: line 367: /bin/mkdir: No such file or directory

It's been this way for 30 - 45 minutes while i've been searching for a solution.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
You've almost certainly got either a corrupted download or burn.

Did you download using the bit torrent? If not, then that is probably the reason - either use md5sum to check the download is intact or simply download again using a bit torrent client as this will ensure the integrity of the download. But it is worthwhile having md5sum handy anyway to check - details on the web site.

Once you have established the download is ok, then you need to make a good burn (this is the most common issue) because the data is a very large monolithic tar file it is particularly susceptable to fatal errors due to a bad burn. The simple answer is burn at the slowest possible speed your DVD drive allows, and no jumping around the house while it goes!

mel8989

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
Thanks colinjones. It looks like it might have been some sort of glitch. Another attempt and it installed correctly. I did download via bittorrent and check the md5sum. All was good. It's rebooting now. I'm just trying it out to see how it's going to work for me. I have it on an old PIII w/ 256 MB I had laying around to make sure I could get it all working before I invested in any hardware. I hope this will be enough to test it out. I plan to use this as a DVD jukebox only for the time being.

Thanks again.