Author Topic: Linux MCE GUI  (Read 2960 times)

powerbits

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Linux MCE GUI
« on: December 26, 2008, 01:56:24 pm »
I like then interface , but when i see my videolist or music list i find the GReen background with black letters on them very bad..

It is terrible to read!

Can i change those colours?

skeptic

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: Linux MCE GUI
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 04:35:56 pm »
Are you using a CRT or older rear projection TV?  I thought the same thing when using an older rear projection 4:3 480p EDTV.  When I swapped it for a smaller 720p lcd TV the difference was huge, no more issues reading text.  I'm not sure if the devs even want to consider designing UI options for older, soon to be obsolete TVs, but I'm sure it would help some people out. 

You may want to try other skins and see if those make a difference.  From the web admin go to Wizard->Devices->Orbiters and there is a pull down with other skins to use.  I haven't messed with them so I don't really know if it will help, but it's worth a try.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2008, 10:03:23 pm »
There are currently no other skins than Basic, however at least one or two are being developed by interested parties.

If you wish, you can view my HADesigner and Skin screencasts in the Developers Guide in the wiki (search for HADesigner) to see how the UI works and how to modify it for your purposes. What you're wanting is most likely a new skin.

-Thom

skeptic

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2008, 12:41:25 am »
Marbella?  I'm sure at one point I was messing around and changed text colors..  To be honest, I don't remember if it was just the text on the menu buttons or elsewhere as well.

Just out of curiosity, do you need to watch the HADesigner screen casts for new skins if all you want to do is change a couple colors?  Would it be possible to just copy the existing folder to a new name, find and change the green button to something else, then somehow tell LMCE there is a new skin?  I watched the screencasts a while back, but I paid more attention to functionality and moving objects around and don't remember what was said about simply changing the graphics for a new skin.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2008, 01:42:42 am »
No. There are no other skins than Basic. Trust me. The graphics for Marbella are long gone, and the rest were specific skins for Monster, Audi, Nuforce, etc. that were proprietary to Pluto, and we do not have them. I will remove them from our master database before our 0810 release.

The process you describe is what you need to do to create a new skin, but you will need to create a new database entry in the Skin table. You'll also want to add entries to the Style and StyleVariation tables as needed to adjust styles (using the new PK_Skin # that you get, as the FK_Skin value in the other tables.)

powerbits

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2008, 12:14:43 am »
sounds complicated to say the least :)

Now i did change to a 46 inch lcd tv with 1080p capability and yes its better, just need to test it on hdmi wich should be great.

But be hounest, dark green with black fonts are difficult to read.. who came up with that?

Other than that I love linuxmce