Author Topic: Time settings on Cisco 7970  (Read 2575 times)

greenhornet

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Time settings on Cisco 7970
« on: December 28, 2008, 07:56:17 pm »
My first install of both linuxmce and a Cisco 7970.  Both about a week old.  I have the 7970 up and running as an orbiter but the time is 1 hour off from the "real" time and that of the core.  To be clear, the core has the correct time.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to alter the time on the Cisco?

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: Time settings on Cisco 7970
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 08:00:01 pm »
We need to improve the configure_cisco7970.pl script.

But....

That script creates a file in /tftpboot/SEPxxxxxxxxxx.cnf where xxxx... is the MAC address of your phone. If you only have one phone, there will only be one SEPxxxxxxxx.cnf file.

Inside this file, are a variety of configuration settings... One of these settings is for date format, another is for time zone. I can't remember off the top of my head where the documentation for these settings is, but you can find it on the http://www.voip-info.org/ wiki.

-Thom

greenhornet

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 08:07:21 pm »
Thanks Thom,
I'll give that a try.  I am somewhat of a FreePBX wiz so if you need ANYTHING with regards to the phone side let me know.  I am new to the Cisco phones, and that's part of the reason I am setting this one up.

-Keith

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2008, 10:09:40 pm »
Fantastic, we use FreePBX, but most of the stuff we handle automatically.

It's our goal that you hardly ever need to see the FreePBX panel for 99% of what needs to be done, so a lot of work needs to be done in the integration aspects.

We use a mash of perl scripts which write necessary values to the MySQL database for asterisk, as well as create any needed configuration files on the fly.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask in other threads, and we can try to help you understand the system a bit better... It is a monster, and our dialplan is one of the most complex out there.

-Thom