Archive > CX88 Blackbird Drivers

video has regular "pauses" in it

(1/1)

archived:
I have installed .38 and the blackbird drivers...

When I watch TV (I haven't recorded anything yet), there are regular pauses in the vision, perhaps as much as twice a second maybe less, but the interval appears to be the same. The effect is more noticable on fast action and panning shots.

I am using the built in video card, I don't think it's accelerated, so could that be the cause of this "feature" or is it because the drivers are new ??

archived:

--- Quote from: "stevek007" ---I have installed .38 and the blackbird drivers...

When I watch TV (I haven't recorded anything yet), there are regular pauses in the vision, perhaps as much as twice a second maybe less, but the interval appears to be the same. The effect is more noticable on fast action and panning shots.

I am using the built in video card, I don't think it's accelerated, so could that be the cause of this "feature" or is it because the drivers are new ??
--- End quote ---

Check the CPU utilisation on the machine whilst you are watching TV.

The easiest way to do this is to go to another screen (ctrl-alt-F2), login and run top. I assume that you are using MythTV, look for the MythFrontend process and check its CPU usage.

If it is close to 100% then this could be the cause of your problem and could probably be rectified by offloading some of the video decoding to a dedicated (accelerated) video card.

I found this and put in a GeForce FX 5200 and installed the nvidia drivers and it rectified what sounds like a similar problem to what you are getting.

Hope that helps.

Darren

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Sitemap 
Go to full version