Author Topic: Star Trek Themed UI1  (Read 103626 times)

WhateverFits

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • Sean Walker
Re: Star Trek Themed UI1
« Reply #135 on: July 02, 2009, 08:20:18 pm »
You seem to be confused with the ninety-ninety rule.

Haha, I like that one. I am going to use that one from now on. Surprisingly I hadn't hear it. I was actually referring to a loose (and somewhat incorrect) interpretation of the Pareto principle that was referenced in some of my software development courses.

fearingsept

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 26, 2009, 08:53:09 pm »
So, I know it has been a while since I have done anything with LCARS but I just want everyone to know that I have not forgotten as of yet. I am currently using the skin on my system and do plan on finishing it. Thankfully I just found another job so I should have some more structure now and will be able to get to it. I have had a lot of time to use the skin in the current state which has given me some ideas for improvements. So.. Though I still cannot promise a finish date, know that I have not forgotten and I still plan on getting it done. Also... I did read somewhere in here that someone else was or might be building or redesigning something based on this skin, If so, can someone let me know so that way we might be able to work together and get it done faster rather then against each other.

-Dustin
Core: Broken :(

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 26, 2009, 11:57:27 pm »
Distin - could you also look at a UI2 version of the skin please?

fearingsept

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 27, 2009, 01:24:34 pm »
Yes, I will take a look. I don't think it would be as hard as I thought at first. My only real chalenge is that I do not currently have any MD's that use UI2 because of my crappy video cards.

fearingsept

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 30, 2009, 01:58:05 pm »
I made some changes to UI 1 over the last few days. ... and yes.. I started on UI 2. I am pleased on how it's coming along so far. Does anyone know a good way to take screen captures of UI 2? I have the main screen nearly done.

chriss

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 30, 2009, 02:18:24 pm »
I'm not sure but if I remember correctly I saw Thom using some VNC stuff on UI2 in one of his videos.

wierdbeard65

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • My Quest
« Reply #141 on: July 30, 2009, 02:47:38 pm »
I'm not sure, but perhaps you are thinking of the Screen Capture Camera that Thom demos on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/user/tschak909#play/uploads/5/pG-zLFeyqp0

It's worth looking at his other videos as well, all make interesting viewing ;)

HTH
Paul
If you have the time to help, please see where I have got to at: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Wierdbeard65

fearingsept

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 06, 2009, 04:06:06 pm »
Still making progress, I have been pushing to get both UI 1 and UI 2 skins done over the last week or so. I did a little redesigning on UI 1. Looks a little sleeker on the main page now. Not completely happy with the color scheme yet but I am getting close. UI 2 has been much easier then I thought. I will be making a whole set of pictures to load as well that are all LCARS related Deck screens of the enterprise. This way you could disable flicker pics and import these so you can have only LCARS related images loading for the screen saver pics.

I would like some input as to what kinds of screens you would like to see or if you would like to see any other screen shots of galaxies or ships here. My first thought is to show different LCARS scan screens and decks and so on without any other external images as to give more of an LCARS only feel.

Any feedback would be good.

-Dustin

fearingsept

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 12, 2009, 08:25:21 am »
I have made some changes.. Here is a preview. very nearly done now.

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 12, 2009, 10:40:21 am »
Cool! Is the UI2 version coming along as well as this?

wierdbeard65

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • My Quest
« Reply #145 on: August 12, 2009, 10:59:05 am »
Can't wait!

I have a very geeky relative that is going to be completely blown away by this :D
Paul
If you have the time to help, please see where I have got to at: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Wierdbeard65

fearingsept

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 12, 2009, 05:07:50 pm »
UI 2 was much easier actually. I am almost done with that as well.. I basically replaced the current buttons with translucent star trek style panels and buttons. Its not as obvious as the UI 1 but still very trekkie.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 04:40:06 am by fearingsept »

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 13, 2009, 10:35:41 pm »
very cool!

Murdock

• Guru
    • View Profile