Author Topic: Why can't I pause,ship,rewind,etc videos?  (Read 2286 times)

twooten

• View Profile
Why can't I pause,ship,rewind,etc videos?
« on: December 24, 2008, 03:24:39 pm »
Right now I'm using a keyboard and mouse until I get things working right. I'll add a remote later. When I go to watch live tv I can control the playback with no problem (sort of). I can pause, play, skip forward and back. But if I try to watch a previously recorded show I can not control the playback in any way short of pulling the power cord from the wall. The keyboard will not respond to anything, not even CTRL-Backspace, CTRL-ALT-DELETE, nothing. And I the mouse is also unresponsive. I'm sure I'm just missing some setting but for the life of me I can't seem to locate what it is.

I also have noticed that MythTV seems to be acting very unstable. Once live tv is playing it seems to be okay, but while you're in the menus looking for a recording or whatever it blinks alot, the screen just goes black then mythtv comes back. It's pretty random and blinks on and off every 3 or 4 seconds when I first go to tv from the linuxmce menu. After that it appears to be okay. And for whatever reason, I have to go into the mythtv utility/setup and choose the option to 'use internal volume controls' in order to be able to turn the volume up and down while watching live tv. I have to do this every time before watching live tv because the options never save. If I stop the tv and go to the linuxmce menu then back to tv, I have to go into setup and select the same option again.

I'm thinking about reinstalling the system once again in case I missed something but, christ it takes a long time. I believe all my hardware is fine. I've been running a simple mythtv setup for over a year now. I've got the following hardware

ASUS a8n32-sli deluxe motherboard
AMD 3200 processor
2 Gigs RAM
300 GB/750 GB hard drives
PVR-500 capture card
Nvidia Geforce4 MX 4000 video card

So what's going on with my video playback control?

Thanks!
Tim
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 03:28:21 pm by twooten »

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: Why can't I pause,ship,rewind,etc videos?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 05:15:02 pm »
LinuxMCE was not designed to be used with a keyboard/mouse,

however, off the top of my head...

F1 = Menu
F2 = Back

F6 = Media controls
F8 = Ambience/Volume

I would actually suggest installing the orbiter software on another PC so that you can control the system. You can find it on the login page to the web admin, or inside the web admin, in the Wizard > Orbiters page.

-Thom

krys

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: Why can't I pause,ship,rewind,etc videos?
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2008, 03:31:39 pm »
You should also note that the media controls (F6) will not work with the basic UI