Author Topic: Issues updating media info via media sync  (Read 2404 times)

skeptic

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Issues updating media info via media sync
« on: December 19, 2008, 06:03:21 pm »
Recently I started having some problems when I'm updating/tagging videos.

After "Check Amazon" and selecting the cover art I always get this:

Fatal error: mysql error: [1062: Duplicate entry '10304-2887-0-0' for key 1] in EXECUTE("INSERT INTO File_Attribute (FK_File,FK_Attribute) VALUES ('10304','2887')") in /var/www/pluto-admin/include/adodb/adodb-errorhandler.inc.php on line 77

I'm not sure if the entry "0304-2887-0-0" is the same every time, but the message is pretty much the same.  After I reload the page and say yes to repost it goes through.  However, it always ends up with a duplicate picture and almost always leaves off the title.

The other issue I've been having for much longer:  Whenever I add a TV series I rip individual episodes on my desktop and copy them to the core.  As I go through tagging them they lose the Media sub-type tag requiring me to set it back to TV shows 2 or sometimes 3 times.  Last night I happened to notice some of the older TV series rips I had tagged a few months ago lost their Media sub-type tag.  I don't know if this happened during initial tagging or at some point since then.

I have more to tag so if there is something I can look at and post to help figure out what is going on please let me know.  Tagging every episode of a complete series DVD collection is tedious enough.  Dealing with errors, reloading screens, setting media types multiple times, manually adding titles, deleting duplicate images, etc.. is painful.

Dale_K

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Issues updating media info via media sync
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 06:29:56 pm »
I got a similar error to this when my dvd file name had special characters in it such as ' # @ etc.  Don't know if it's the same issue, but something to verify.

freymann

• Douchebag
  • Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 07:14:56 pm »
The other issue I've been having for much longer:  Whenever I add a TV series I rip individual episodes on my desktop and copy them to the core.  As I go through tagging them they lose the Media sub-type tag requiring me to set it back to TV shows 2 or sometimes 3 times.  Last night I happened to notice some of the older TV series rips I had tagged a few months ago lost their Media sub-type tag.  I don't know if this happened during initial tagging or at some point since then.

I run into the media sub-type being cleared here on my setup too.

I can duplicate it very easily one of two ways even!

Scenario 1

There's a torrent file in the /public/data/video/* directory structure, say 'wwe-raw-12-15-2008-some-dudes-handle.avi' and I go to the core and from the kde desktop copy that to /public/data/video/(device79)/wrestling/raw-12-15-2008.avi. Notice it has gone to a different hard drive under a cleaner name. I then tag the copy.

Later I delete the original file manually in a SSH session to the core. Then in File & Media Sync, after showing files on disk that aren't in the db, I click on the filename, and then click delete file.

Now I go back to the copy I made with Files & Media Sync and in most cases the media-sub type is gone, as long as the filename is fairly close to the original. The media-sub type definitely goes away if the filenames are the same.

Scenario 2

I put an avi file into /public/data/(device79)/New Movies/ as "mymusicvideo.avi"

I then use Media and Files Sync to move that file to /public/data/(device79)/Music_Vids/

Go look at the moved file with Media and Files Sync? The media sub-type is gone. Everytime.

I've documented this before in the forums, never heard anybody else talk about it.

It took me a while to figure out why the media sub-type would disappear... it's always tied to me deleting the original torrent (which I copy from the holding area to a folder on my media drive, usually with a cleaner name, as my permanent copy) or moving a file from one directory to another (either manually or through the pluto-admin web interface).

I always write down what I'm deleting or moving and then go back over them and reset the media sub-type. Annoying but not the end of the world.

skeptic

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2008, 08:22:56 pm »
In my case I'm not moving anything.  I do tend to open the "Edit Media file" for several videos each in it's own tab. 

For example, lets say I rip Firefly, 13 episodes on 4 (or was it 5?) DVDs, all on my desktop using handbrake.  Then I scp all 13 video files, FIREFLY_01.avi through FIREFLY_13.avi, to 192.168.80.1:/mnt/device/39/public/data/videos/.  After giving the update media daemon time to mark them all as video files I go into media sync and open the Edit Media file window for each video in a new tab.  For each video I check amazon and change the name to search for to firefly, quickly going from tab to tab after it starts searching.  Then I pick the correct cover art button and update, each one going tab to tab.  Then for each video tab I hit refresh to get past the error above.  Same for media-type, and removing the duplicate picture, and adding the title.  If I start with media-type I have to set the media type again on most or all of the 13 Firefly videos.  If I save media type for last then typically less than half of them need the media type set again.

Unlike freymann I'm not moving or renaming the files on disk at all, I just scp them to the videos directory where they live forever.  Hopefully this helps identify the issue.