Author Topic: update attributes  (Read 1973 times)

Archer Troy

• First post!
    • View Profile
update attributes
« on: December 18, 2008, 08:12:47 am »
This is my first major foray into the Linux world, so please excuse this seemingly simply question.... Id like to update the attributes on my movie files. But i cant seem figure out where to do that on the Linuxmce Admin page. The files are on seperate hard disks and i cant figure out how to navigate to them. Any help please?

Also, does anyone know of a quicker way to edit the attributes rather than going through them one by one?

sambuca

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: update attributes
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 09:31:52 am »
Hi Archer,

First you need to get lmce to see your files. In the web admin, open Files & Media -> Media Files Sync on the top menu. Now, on the left side you should see a folder structure. Here you should see your disk also.
I haven't used external or separate internal disks, so I don't know for sure, but I think lmce should detect them automatically, and present you with an option what to do with them.
You will find more information about this if you search the forum or the wiki.

When/if you see your drive in the left structure, navigate to the folder in question (all using the left structure). When you select a folder, you will see its contents on the right. In this right pane, you have a option to "Edit attributes for all files in this directory". Using this, you can edit attributes for all files in that directory. In 710 it is not possible to recursively set attributes in subdirectories, but I think this will be added in 810.

These subject has been discussed a few times already, so I am confident you will find better explanations elsewhere in the forum ;-)

br,
sambuca