Author Topic: Looking for a compatible DVD Changer for my system!  (Read 4118 times)

seth

• Guru
  • A day w/o LinuxMCE is like a day w/o sunshine!
    • View Profile
Looking for a compatible DVD Changer for my system!
« on: December 16, 2008, 01:21:47 pm »
 :)
Hey all,

Does anyone know where I can get a compatible DVD changer? I would like to get a Powerfile, but they are far and few between these days. Does anyone know of another unit that works well with LMCE. I am getting frustrated these days, with DVD's that I can not rip, but would like to have on demand when I have a moment to watch a good movie/concert/comedy show.

If anyone has any ideas, or even has one they would like to sell. Please post here, so that I may look into getting one.

Thanks and Regards,

Seth
".....Because Once you've LinuxMCE'd....."
System stats located at my user page:

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Seth

dlewis

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a compatible DVD Changer for my system!
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 05:20:23 pm »
The Sony VGP-XL1B works... Tschak has one working...

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 05:33:53 pm »
Sorry, was in the middle of posting when I had to get up and take care of stuff..but...

yeah, basically our choices in code are:

* Sony VGP-XL1Bx
* Powerfile C200/R200

and any clones that report themselves in this manner.

Other jukeboxes would require:

* Patches to mtx (if the changer does not support standard SCSI autochanger commands.)
* Patches to PowerFile_C200, and the Powerfile.sh script, the former actually controls the device, the latter does the plug and play detection.

Although, at this point, I am unaware of computer connectible jukeboxes outside of the enterprise storage sector. The Sony VGP-XL1B was quite literally a bizarre birth in Sony's VAIO range, and did not sell very well, (not to mention the units are notoriously unreliable, all three of my units are now unusable for different reasons.)

-Thom

ouie

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 04:21:07 pm »
I'm willing to part with my Sony VGP-XL1Bx I plan on ripping everything anyway. Make me an offer..you of course handle the shipping cost. email me wardell_iiatyahoodotcom.