Author Topic: SymLink for MythTV recordings, randomly disappearing!! How to stop?  (Read 2154 times)

seth

• Guru
  • A day w/o LinuxMCE is like a day w/o sunshine!
    • View Profile
OK.
So I received a nice new 500G drive for my MythTV recordings. As my system drive on the core is 100G, and holds images for all my MD's I need more space. So I did the following:

Code: [Select]
mkdir /mnt/device/278/tv_shows
cd /home/public/videos/tv_shows_63  <--- moon number with tuners
mv * /mnt/device/278/tv_shows/ <--- so as not to get duplicate recording entries, I created the directory below the pluto structure.
cd ..
rm -r tv_shows_63/
ln -s /mnt/device/278/tv_shows/ tv_shows_63

Now this woks rather well. However, I noticed on Sunday morning, that it had created a new tv_shows_63 folder, and it had none of my recordings. Now this can again be fixed by repeating the above steps, but what do I have to disable to prevent it from doing this again?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, and Regards,

Seth
".....Because Once you've LinuxMCE'd....."
System stats located at my user page:

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Seth

skeptic

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: SymLink for MythTV recordings, randomly disappearing!! How to stop?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 06:38:10 pm »
Let LMCE handle mounts/links and just use what it creates.

seth

• Guru
  • A day w/o LinuxMCE is like a day w/o sunshine!
    • View Profile
Re: SymLink for MythTV recordings, randomly disappearing!! How to stop?
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 06:43:23 pm »
Heh,

In this situation, LMCE will run out of space too quickly. I have the OS and 4 MD's on one disk, only 100G.
I know not to mount anything manually, that is why I created the symlink. I really hate to have to do a re-install of LMCE just to graduate to a larger drive, only to throw away the better part of it for MD's and recovery partitions, and the OS.

I was hoping to find out possibly what is telling that particular folder to be re-created. I suppose I can set up a cron job to move the contents of that folder out to the larger drive every night, but it should not require that to be done, over a symlink.

But thanks for the input.

Regards,

Seth
".....Because Once you've LinuxMCE'd....."
System stats located at my user page:

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Seth