Author Topic: Having issues with Diskless MDs and svn 23259 (0810)  (Read 3370 times)

evilecho

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Having issues with Diskless MDs and svn 23259 (0810)
« on: August 28, 2010, 09:29:52 pm »
Hello,
   At one time (I want to say one of the june snapshots) I was able to get the Diskless MD's working, now with the latest snapshot I cant get any diskless MD to work. Here is what happens; The MD boots and runs the diskless setup script, it completes and then it runs thru all the services. After that the TV flickers a few times and then it stops at the pxelinux.0 part of the bootup.... stalls and then there is the kubuntu shutdown splash screen. After it reboots and does the process all over again. This happens with both(all) my diskless MD's. One is an Asus M3A78-EM, with a Nvidia GT220. The other is a Jetway J7F2WE2G, with an Unichrome Pro. Each one of these boards only have one NIC, the intigrated ATI is disabled in the bios on the M3A78-EM, and I've done everything I can find on the wiki.
   Anyone out there able to help? If you need more info about anything, let me know.

Thanks...

RayBe

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Having issues with Diskless MDs and svn 23259 (0810)
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 12:52:26 am »
just to make sure :),
i assume u did this:
The DVD installer per default does not create the initial MD image, as that creation takes a very long time, and most people probably prefer to give 810 a test, without the MDs. If you want to setup MDs, you have to manually run
/usr/pluto/bin/Diskless_CreateTBZ.sh
(You should only have to do this once)
see: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Installing_0810

br,
Raymond
When you were born, you were crying and everybody else was laughing.
Live your life so when you die, you are laughing and everybody else is crying.

Kezza

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 06:02:06 am »
I built a MD last night and same thing was happening when checked on it this morning. Not sure what snapshot I'm running but system is up todate.

I deleted the MD and tried again which seems to be working now (finished initial AV wizard just waiting for Sarah now).

bp5

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 01:19:28 pm »
Same thing happened to me with the 2 Aug snapshot, image wouldn't build unless I did it twice, then it started working.

evilecho

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 09:56:21 am »
Okay I will try to rebuild the image when I get off of work today. I am assuming you deleted the image by deleting everything for the devices id in the /usr/pluto/diskless directory and you rebuilt the image from the webgui? Or did you have to run the Diskless_CreateTBZ.sh twice? I did run this script once.

Thanks again.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 10:01:16 am by evilecho »

evilecho

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 07:40:18 pm »
Okay... after deleted, rebuilt and restarted the image/MD, I noticed that the nvidia patch failed to install after the first boot when it downloads new and updated packages. Every boot had an error when it was starting services with nvidia saying it could not parse the config file, it could not find the config file. After about 3 reboots it would just goto a blank screen. I noticed also that the nvidia verison on the MD was different then the one on the core... dont know if that makes a difference. Do I need to manually create a blank/standard config file for the MD? If so.... how. I tried deleting and rebuilding the image about 3 times with the same results. Thanks again.

evilecho

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 11:02:55 pm »
I felt like I was spinning my wheels, so I reloaded with the latest svn (23260) and the same exact thing is happening.