Author Topic: AV Commands not working  (Read 4243 times)

ebolam

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
AV Commands not working
« on: December 12, 2008, 08:41:49 pm »
As a continuation of post http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=6865.0, but now in a different direction, I am unable to control my receiver through LinuxMCE. I created an AV Equipment through the devices wizard for my receiver (had to create a new template). The weird thing is I can go into A/V Properties for the device and see all of my pronto codes for the device. I am able to test each of the commands from there and it does the appropriate things to my receiver. I setup in the template all of the commands to work with the A/V Properties (on, off, vol+ vol-, etc). Each command's number matches back to the A/V Properties, so I think that is working. However when I go into the advanced properties of the device, click the send command button, and send it a command, I get no response from the device. I have no logs for any device other than the basic components (no log for even the MD!), so I have no help there.

Can anyone help with this? I'd love to be able to use LinuxMCE as it was intended.
Main MD:
MB: BIOSTAR TA770
CPU: AMD Phenom 9500 Agena
Mem: CORSAIR XMS2 2GB x2
Video: MSI RX2600XT-T2D512EZ Radeon HD 2600XT
PVR: Hauppauge WinTV-PVR 500
HD: Seagate 750GB x4

Orbiter:
MB: MSI CN700 Mini-ITX
Screen: ELO 1529L (Touchscreen)

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
Re: AV Commands not working
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 10:36:17 pm »
ebolam,

did you, after creating the device template, re-run the setup wizard and told LinuxMCE where the new device is located? Sometimes that helps in making sure, each and every connection is setup correct.

hth
rgds
Oliver

krys

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 10:37:38 pm »
I cant give you any advice, but I can tell you that my setup is the exact opposite, I can send commands using the send commands button in advanced, but not from a/v properties.... I cant figure mine out either??? I would think that if one worked, the other would as well.

krippler

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 02:30:04 am »
I had the same problem you described with my Windows mce transceiver. I ended up getting USB UIRT and all works fine now. What interface device are you using to send the codes?

ebolam

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2008, 06:43:25 am »
It shows up as LIRC Embedded Transmit. It is though a windows mce v2 receiver. It seams a little odd though that I could use the device in the pronto format test screen, but not use it with commands that use those same pronto format codes.
Main MD:

Orbiter:

krippler

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2008, 04:49:21 pm »
As far as I know there is a bug with the windows mce transmitter. I think there are cases of a few people getting it working but for most its been futile. One of the devs can confirm this. Your best bet is to use some other device to transmit ir codes to your devices.

I cant remember which tread it was but if you do a search for "mce_usb" you will probably come across a tread where some people tried to fix this issue and eventually gave up.

ebolam

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2008, 10:36:22 pm »
Can someone confirm this? If this is true, I think I'll put a bounty out for fixing this bug so everyone can use their mce remotes as transmitters. It seams odd to me that in one spot of the software it works, but another it doesn't. Probably some legacy code that needs to be centralized or something.
Main MD:

Orbiter:

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2008, 05:13:07 pm »
Guys, just use a USB UIRT transciever. They are designed much better, and can do proper IR learning for integration.

-Thom