Author Topic: More info about current Asterisk&Pluto's features  (Read 14865 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
More info about current Asterisk&Pluto's features
« on: January 25, 2006, 06:39:43 pm »
Hi,

I noticed that some calls are being made when I click on "speak to house" on MO. So I'm curious how they work, how to setup those features and what telephony features currently work and are developed.

Where can I find more info about current features of Pluto and particularly Asterisk part. Changelog is in too 'condensed' form for me, so if there is any possibility I''d kindly ask for a bit more info particularly features that are being added to Pluto and how to setup and test them....

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2006, 10:59:00 am »
New features in telecom area (sorry if some of the described features are not there present in your release, but they are already implemented and work)

- Speak in the house: as you described, there is a posibility to speak in the house, to do so, every onscreen orbiter runs "Orbiter's Embedded Phone" this a very basic IAX2 softphone, which can auto answer the call if there is a certain callerid. This is mostly a security feature. On phones page you have checkboxes for phones that will be used to speak in the house.

- On new installations every user gets an internal extension (on old ones, please assign them manually) starting with 301. Usually hard phones are in range 200-299. On pluto-admin Telecom->CallRouting you may specify how to reach you. For example when you are at home, try phone 1 then phone 2, then mobile, if you are away, call directly on mobile, if you are sleeping, it will send you to voicemail (this is just an example, you have to edit such scenario but it's not that hard). So now if somebody in the house dials 301 (your extension) it will follow the path you specified in that page.
There are also priority callers, calls from which can have different route.

- Also on new instalation there is a incoming call scenario (on old ones please delete your existing voip line, please check in amp that everything is deleted and then add it again) and then you can specify if the the house is for example in party mode, send caller to voicemail and so on.

- Another change: there should be (not sure if in realease build there was a final version) a list of active calls, a list of recent calls, and a list for speed dial (speed dial is somewhere in webpage/telecon scenarios)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2006, 10:23:06 pm »
Quote from: "torindan"

New features in telecom area (sorry if some of the described features are not there present in your release, but they are already implemented and work)

- Speak in the house: as you described, there is a posibility to speak in the house, to do so, every onscreen orbiter runs "Orbiter's Embedded Phone" this a very basic IAX2 softphone, which can auto answer the call if there is a certain callerid. This is mostly a security feature. On phones page you have checkboxes for phones that will be used to speak in the house.

Can we use simple phone also for phonecalls ? How to set it up on menus to call through that softphone ?

- On new installations every user gets an internal extension (on old ones, please assign them manually) starting with 301. Usually hard phones are in range 200-299. On pluto-admin Telecom->CallRouting you may specify how to reach you. For example when you are at home, try phone 1 then phone 2, then mobile, if you are away, call directly on mobile, if you are sleeping, it will send you to voicemail (this is just an example, you have to edit such scenario but it's not that hard). So now if somebody in the house dials 301 (your extension) it will follow the path you specified in that page.
There are also priority callers, calls from which can have different route.

How can now user influence on call routing - through AMP (incoming calls, calling groups, ivrs, etc..) or through Pluto settings ?

Is it possible to ring all extensions before routing calls further for individual users ?

- Also on new instalation there is a incoming call scenario (on old ones please delete your existing voip line, please check in amp that everything is deleted and then add it again) and then you can specify if the the house is for example in party mode, send caller to voicemail and so on.

I have 5 trunks - is there any way to create that scenario in some other way ?

- Another change: there should be (not sure if in release build there was a final version) a list of active calls, a list of recent calls, and a list for speed dial (speed dial is somewhere in webpage/telecon scenarios)

it seems to work much better. Can speedials be shared ?

Also when you add speedial device, all simplephones are shown under same name - with no room name...

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Rob.