Author Topic: Backup System Improvements (0810 Critical)  (Read 8814 times)

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
Re: Backup System Improvements (0810 Critical)
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2009, 10:39:32 pm »
bulek,

if tagging is not working the way it is suppose to work under lmce, it needs to be fixed. Telling people not to use lmce for something lmce has facilities for is counter productive.

As chriss pointed out, try to track down what is going wrong (if you can), and open up a ticket in trac.

THANK YOU.

rgds
Oliver

indulis

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2009, 07:09:03 am »
indulis

I don't think jon is talking about some kind of "incremental" backup system because he is talking about backing up the database data not the actual media files themselves. Because media file's metadata is also stored in either an .id3 file or embedded id3 tag, there is no real call for backing up that part of the metadata - on complete reinstalls, all this metadata is automatically recovered by default and injected back into the fresh pluto_media database.

Actually I was thinking about all of the other information associated with recordings in Mythtv (channel number recorded on, series ID, detailed program info etc).  If we had this as a "data nugget" then in case of reinstalling a system I could move my episodes across to a new server. 

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2009, 08:59:01 pm »
I don't understand what you are looking for, then. All this metadata is already stored in the .id3 file for each video file - what more are you looking for?