Author Topic: Hack for webadmin/media file sync: show only items w/o cover art  (Read 3612 times)

chriss

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Hack for webadmin/media file sync: show only items w/o cover art
« on: December 11, 2008, 05:11:57 pm »
Hi guys,

I'm tagging all my media since a couple of weeks and since it was annoying to always skip through the already tagged media in webadmin I made this small hack to the mediaFileSync module. It adds a checkbox right next to "Show attributes" saying "Show only files without cover art" and this is exactly what it does: just hide all directories/files that already have cover art attached.

If you would like to use it, just copy the attached file mainMediaFilesSync.php to /var/www/pluto-admin/operations/mediaBrowser and make sure to backup the original file. I took the file from my stock 0710 installation.

Cheers
/Chriss

edit: I attached a patch, too, if this is of any help.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 05:17:27 pm by chriss »

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
Re: Hack for webadmin/media file sync: show only items w/o cover art
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 07:39:14 pm »
Sounds good to me, I will give it a test under the alpha release and then probably add it to SVN so it can be included in the next update.  Thanks for your contribution, especially the patch file format is much appreciated.
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous

chriss

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 10:46:24 pm »
Well, after all it's just a hack. However, I can spend some more work on this to have the label of the checkbox in the language files and maybe even allow for filtering other attributes as well, e.g., files without title/performer/...

If it is of interest for the upcoming releases I'll create a ticket in trac.

Bye,
Chriss

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 03:19:41 am »
Good idea, if you create the ticket I'll reference it when I check the patch in SVN.
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous

chriss

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Filtering against attributes for mediaFileSync [webadmin]
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 10:57:18 pm »
Just enhanced the patch to do filtering of arbitrary attributes in mediaFileSync, i.e., it becomes possible to show only items with/without a certain attribute.

see patch here http://svn.linuxmce.org/trac.cgi/attachment/ticket/47/filter_mediaFileSync.0810.patch

br,
/chriss