Author Topic: Germany is interested!?  (Read 3890 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Germany is interested!?
« on: October 20, 2006, 05:06:20 pm »
Hi Folks,
since some minutes I know about Pluto.
But now I have some questions for supported hardware. For us in germany it is sometimes really difficult to get access to the hardware you use in the states or otherwhere. I have homeautomation software which is called IP-SYMCON. The main supported hardware is the german FS20 System. This system is a wireless homeautomation system which is controlled by an FTDI USB- Wireless controller. Is somebody here, who can tell me, if it possible to integrate this in your solution. There are FTDI drivers available for Linux!
The second question is, if here are german guys, who are using the system already?

regards

Alex

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Germany is interested!?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2006, 02:03:20 pm »
Hi,

unfortunatelly there is no C++-library with the FS20-functions for linux available. Contronics offers one, but only for the windows environment. Therefore, the whole FS20-protocol, which is not published so far, has to be reengineered.

Best would be, to convince the pluto developers and the IPSYMCON developer to implement a SOAP-interface. Then we could easily close the gap between linux/windows as well as pluto/IPSYMCON.

Yours
Johannes

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Germany is interested!?
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2006, 03:35:19 pm »
Hi Johannes,
isn't it possible to use the sources of the following group??

http://fhz4linux.info/tiki-index.php

regards

Alex

PS: Are you Jolo @ IP-SYMCON?

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Germany is interested!?
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006, 01:02:25 am »
Hi,

I am from Germany and would like to use the FS20 System too.

Can anybody help us to integrate the FS20 System into Pluto?

Greetz

Jimmy

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Germany is interested!?
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2006, 02:17:02 am »
Hi,

what about this one as a start :

http://www.koeniglich.de/fhz1000/fhz1000.html

It's a Perl script and it is quite easy to integrate Perl scripts into Pluto (you just connect to DCE via text interface and there you go)...

Is there any more experienced Perl programmer around ? I can help with knowledge what needs to be done, but cannot program Perl well...

Such solution could serve as a good starting point also for other rs232 based home automation interfaces. Even better - with experienced Perl guy also Perl could be integrated into Pluto - just as now Ruby is...

HTH,

regards,

Rob.