Author Topic: Unable to setup Media Director on .41  (Read 3855 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Unable to setup Media Director on .41
« on: November 07, 2006, 09:39:35 pm »
I have tried to setup a media diredctor using .41 release of pluto and everything seems to go fine until the AV-Wizard stage.

Basically I get nothing displayed on screen when the AV-Wizard starts, if I hit the appropriate keys blindly go through the AV-Wizard configuration process I get to the point where the following message is displayed:

Code: [Select]
Child device (115) was configured but the startup script (GEFORCE_OR_TNT2) is not available in /usr/pluto/bin

The media director contains a geforce 2 to go nvidia graphics card which used to work in pluto prior to the switch to Xorg.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks guys

NOS.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 12:18:17 pm »
Check the /var/log/Xorg.{0,1,2}.log files and see if it says anything in there. Pluto ships with the 1.0.8774 drivers, but no legacy drivers. In theory it should fall back to using "vesa". If it's using the "vesa" drivers, then your experience is consistent with what I saw in vmware when using the vesa drivers, but I can't explain what happens.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 07:29:25 pm »
@radu

Thanks for the response, I have managed to get a little further although I cant explain why.  This is where I am now:

I modified my xorg.conf to support tv out as I thought I would see if that worked, but nothing on either displays

I installed nvtv and ran the following:

nvtv -t -r 800,600 -s small

This for some reason enabled the laptop lcd display and the TV, although the TV was full of garbage but atleast I have an orbiter on the LCD display.

Will now play around with nvtv and xorg settings to see if I can the TV output working.

I still have the error regarding device 115 and additional errors of the same nature regarding HDD's and scripts not being present in /usr/pluto/bin  are these normal with the .41 release of pluto media directors ?

Thanks

NOS

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 10:34:52 pm »
Update

I now have everything working perfectly again on .41 after playing with nvtv and xorg.conf

Thanks

NOS

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2006, 04:16:23 am »
NOS,

If it involved manual steps, maybe it would be worth making a wiki entry detailing the steps.

Regards
Darren

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2006, 07:56:57 am »
@darrenmason,

I had so many problems getting this media director up and running with .41 release so not sure how much of the issues are related to the release version and how much is specific to the current version of nvidia display drivers used by pluto.

However I could do a wiki regarding nvidia cards and there use, but I have a limited range of cards which obviously makes my experiences specific to models.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will have a think and see what
I can come up with.

NOS