Author Topic: Zwave necessary components for easy integ  (Read 10658 times)

johanr

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Zwave necessary components for easy integ
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2009, 10:36:37 pm »
Thank you for that perfect explanation. I just found one difference(maybe) between the Eljo Trend zwave and the Merten.
 According to the doc I have for eljo connect they have
Eljo Trend
Eljo Trend Solid
Eljo M and
System Design

Also when reading the doc for Eljo it seems like the Eljo Trend switch or dimmer does not need any insert..only the M and system design needs one. ??? I think this Must be a typo and will contact their representative tomorrow.

However since I am building on an excisting New home(with alot of eljo trend switches) I wonder about this MER_507501 , if I locally switch the light on, will the Core know?

Best Regards
 Johan

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2009, 11:01:13 am »
However since I am building on an excisting New home(with alot of eljo trend switches) I wonder about this MER_507501 , if I locally switch the light on, will the Core know?

this has no local switch.

best regards,
Hari
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation

johanr

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2009, 12:35:40 am »
I know. but there is a possibility with these hide behind devices also know as "puck" here in Sweden.

Swedish readers please read..
However I called schneider and was told this:

* The switching "puck" is cannot be locally controlled. so you're right harri. =)
* However, The Dimmer "puck" can be controlled locally when hiding it behind a trigger switch (you install a spring which makes it have only one position)

* Difference between Merten and the eljo trend series is that merten has more choices between what type of switch(now I mean the thing you press on not the actual switch not sure of the word..)

* When you buy a Eljo Trend dimmer you pay less and you dont have to buy two things.
Hari, let me know if you're intrested in prices. I really don't want to post it here.. But it's darn worth it..

I will now order a bunch of approx. 15pucks to start with and then carry on as I learn more and maybe get the finances right..This is going to be fun  :) I expect abit of struggle but lets see..

-Johan

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2009, 01:02:05 am »
yeah, please mail the prices to me.

br, Hari
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation

Viking

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2009, 12:19:40 am »
hello Johan,

living in Denmark I would also be interested in some cheaper prices - if it is possible ;)

Greetings
Viking