Author Topic: How do I switch sources on my hauppage 150  (Read 2182 times)

krys

• Addicted
    • View Profile
How do I switch sources on my hauppage 150
« on: December 08, 2008, 07:53:28 pm »
I have this card hooked into the regular cable via the coax input, and I also have the component inputs connected to my cable box. How do I switch back and forth between these inputs, right now it only wants to tune into the coax input and I havent been able to see the component from my stb yet.
Thanks,
Krys

seth

• Guru
  • A day w/o LinuxMCE is like a day w/o sunshine!
    • View Profile
Re: How do I switch sources on my hauppage 150
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 08:07:19 pm »
 :)
Well, this isn't the way you are supposed to do it, but I can tell you what MythTV requires:

First you must set up both the coax, and the composite or svideo inputs in mythtv-setup
These can be accessed in the Mythtv-Setup > Input Connections menu item
Set the both up with a provider, and a channel change command, you can use the same one for both that you already have set for the first one

Next you either need a keyboard, or an xbindkeys method of telling the system you are pressing the "Y" key.

Understand this may cause interference, as this card only has 1 tuner/mpeg capture function. For example the coax feed is always going to be providing a signal, and may bleed over into the other inputs.

I would recommend getting a second card or a pvr500, that has 2 tuners/mpeg inputs per card, .vs the 150, 250, or 350.

Hope that helps, not sure how the system is going to take it, but that is how you would do it in MythTV.

Regards,

Seth
".....Because Once you've LinuxMCE'd....."
System stats located at my user page:

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Seth

seth

• Guru
  • A day w/o LinuxMCE is like a day w/o sunshine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 09:00:31 pm »
 :)
Hey,
I guess that would work. I have never tried it, but I would imagine the Setup Wizard would allow you to create a "LiveTV" device for each input.
And you could also set it up that way, as well when asked about the "Broadcast Media" bits.

I have just never tried it. That would require 2 different tuning commands. Just sounds bad to me.

I apologize. Thom is correct, let the setup wizard handle it. I am not sure what will come of it, and I still stick by my original answer, that you should snag an additional card or upgrade to a PVR500.

** Seth removes foot from mouth **   :P  ;)

Regards,

Seth
".....Because Once you've LinuxMCE'd....."
System stats located at my user page:

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Seth

krys

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 09:07:44 pm »
I really only want the composite input and dont really care about the coax. I just couldnt figure out how to tell the system that was the feed that I wanted to watch. It would either pull up the coax or it would go to a black screen and then error out and tell me to reset the backend.