Author Topic: mythtv looks stretched vertically/skinny. Can't find setting  (Read 2618 times)

drjenk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
mythtv looks stretched vertically/skinny. Can't find setting
« on: December 07, 2008, 08:58:38 am »
Hi,
I've looked on the mythtv site, for "aspect ratio", looked in the setting etc, can't seem to find how to get the aspect ratio looking right.

I notice in the AV setup wizard for linuxmce, I cannot seem to choose 16:9.  When I get to the end, it asks me to confirm, and it says 4:3, but I never came to the option to select that.  I'm not sure if this is causing the mythtv issue, but it isn't correct.  I have a 16:9 tv.  I choose hdmi/1080p/60hz.  I see no setting for aspect ratio.
Can anyone point me to any information regarding how to change mythtv aspect ratio (or linuxmce)?

Thanks

indulis

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: mythtv looks stretched vertically/skinny. Can't find setting
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 10:11:23 am »
In Mythtv Utilities-Setup-Setup-Appearance.

Check the box for "separate modes for GUI and TV playback"

You will see a whole lot of options appear including aspect ratio.

Have fun!

drjenk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 11:54:33 am »
Aha!
I must have skipped over that a half dozen times, needed to arrow up then over...

Thanks

indulis

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2008, 03:43:06 am »
I just connected my LMCE hybrid server to a plasma TV, so had to set up the right aspect ratio.  If you are having problems you can check the "use separate modes" box, then you can choose just the GUI aspect ratio and resolution (1st line), and then leave all the other lines alone- the ones that set overrides for particular source media video resolutions.  This means the GUI and all videos accessed by Mythtv will default to the GUI setting.

This cured all of my aspect ratio woes!