Author Topic: Re-calibrate broken Fiire Chief?  (Read 3252 times)

patmankn

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re-calibrate broken Fiire Chief?
« on: March 31, 2009, 01:54:45 pm »
Hey!

Does anybody have the problem, that the cursor controlled by the fiire chief ist misbehaving?
Mine goes a bit a up, when move the control from left to right, moving more left when going up to down.
As murphy predicted, each time some remote fell my couch, it usally used to be the ugly brown one.
Does anybody have an idea how to fix that?
Is it possible to re-calibrate that thing (e.g. by throwing it on the ground in the right angle?) or by opening it up?

Thank you guys.. ;O))

Pat
Hybrid: MSI MS-7329,Nvidia 6150 onboard,AMD BE-2400,2gb RAM,Sharp Aqous LE 37X20E via MD Zotoc Ion Synergy,Terratec 1200 & Cinergy DT USB Diversity DVB-T, KNC ONE TV-Station DVB-C,WebDT366,Fiire Chief http://wiki.linuxmce.com/index.php/User:Patmankn

ivanp

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Re-calibrate broken Fiire Chief?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 02:48:26 pm »
Try replacing the batteries. I had to repalce mine after week of using it. Had exact symptoms, cursor was going up and it wasnt stady enough. If repalcing doesnt help i dont think there is any help to it, if its "broken" from all the falls.

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 03:12:41 pm »
Batteries are the usual culprit... they cause it to do wierd things, and ultimately not connect properly. The only other thing I have ever seen it do is start tracking off at an angle til it hits the edge of the screen, even though the remote is still. You just put it down on a stationary surface for about 10 secs and it stops (recals itself)

Afkpuz

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 05:12:55 pm »
If your gyro is sending the wrong signals, do this.  (It's listed in the manual for the remote btw)  Turn on the gyro by pressing the menu button, then set the remote on a flat surface.  Leave it there until the LED turns off.  Then you should be good to go.  If that doesn't fix it, you may have broken your gyro remote. 

patmankn

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 10:09:32 pm »
hi,

i always used to recalibrate the remote by not moving ot for 10 secs,
but this one is steady... reproducable.
its not that the cursor is moving by itself, more that its moving not exact.

thats why i was asking for help ;O)

Pat
Hybrid: MSI MS-7329,Nvidia 6150 onboard,AMD BE-2400,2gb RAM,Sharp Aqous LE 37X20E via MD Zotoc Ion Synergy,Terratec 1200 & Cinergy DT USB Diversity DVB-T, KNC ONE TV-Station DVB-C,WebDT366,Fiire Chief http://wiki.linuxmce.com/index.php/User:Patmankn

Itsik

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 05:49:32 am »
This is a caliberaton issue.
The best way to work with those remotes is to keep them on a level surface when not in use.
I had this problem for a long time and was positive my remote is broken. Then I saw this info on the gyration website and decided to give it a try and suddenly te remote started working again.
Since then it is on the table when ever not in use and the prob. is gone.

Hope this helps
Itsik