Author Topic: How to clean/rebuild the Media Database?  (Read 2883 times)

Witzman

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
How to clean/rebuild the Media Database?
« on: December 05, 2008, 01:35:25 pm »
Hi,

i recently added a bunch of short avi files to my library via the "resyncronise" button on the admin website -Media Files Sync.

After deleting them from the filesystem, the entrys are still visible in the UI. I even tried to resyncronize after the removal but they did not disappear. They are still in the UI.

Please, can anyone tell me, how to clean these entries from the DB or how to rebuild the complete thing.

Ciao,
Witzman

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
Re: How to clean/rebuild the Media Database?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 06:52:17 pm »
Please, can anyone tell me, how to clean these entries from the DB or how to rebuild the complete thing.

By deleting them in the web-admin.
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous

bundie

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 09:10:22 pm »
...or clean the whole database by:

http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=6408.0

But be careful, read the complete thread, you could end up with a borked database...

Cheers,
Reint.

freymann

• Douchebag
  • Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 09:32:10 pm »
Witzman: You'll need to learn how to use the Files and Media section of the LMCE admin area... (the web admin page area)

There's plenty of info in the forums and wiki, but basically...

Pluto Admin > Files and Media > Media Files Sync

Find your path to the missing files on the left (or just browse around. Don't worry about the tv_shows_* folders)

On the right panel, check the box "Show files who are missing from disk"

You should be able to see entries on the bottom right that indicate they are in the database but no longer exist on the disk.

But from here, BE CAREFUL how you remove them.

If you do what would seem like the 'normal' way it erases your entire media database table and you have to wait for UpdateMedia to rescan and rebuilt things. That's not so pleasant.

When you find something that is missing, click on the file title and on the next screen you can click the delete file button. That is safe and works well.