Author Topic: How can we store certain data to be used in speech announcements  (Read 2680 times)

bulek

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
Hi,

I'd like to create speech announcement that would tell me number of opened doors,windows, outside temp when I leave house.

I have all those info in devices states, but now I wonder if I can put them into speech announcement via DCE command that could be used in scenario created over web-admin ?

The idea is to have some data containers in speech text, that will be replaced by actual values.

I guess this is not possible at the moment, but I wonder what would be proper way to implement this? Having some kind of central data storage where one could change/read data is probably the way to go...

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.
Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

jondecker76

• Alumni
    • View Profile
Re: How can we store certain data to be used in speech announcements
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 05:11:24 pm »
you could create an "Announcement" GSD device that ties it all together

bulek

• Administrator
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
Re: How can we store certain data to be used in speech announcements
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 06:35:55 pm »
you could create an "Announcement" GSD device that ties it all together
you're right.... But still this will be custom solution. Although I think that entire Text To Speech plugin could be replaced by some more smart device that will also handle a queue of speech announcements and have possibility of other TTS engines....

I guess we need to prepare something in the future.... Maybe some mysql table with global data and General Info Plugin that will serve/change that info...

I'm also curious if something is already done or thought in this direction...

Regards,

Bulek.
Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.