Author Topic: DVD Jukeboxes? Are there any compatible with the system these days?  (Read 2489 times)

seth

• Guru
  • A day w/o LinuxMCE is like a day w/o sunshine!
    • View Profile
 :)
Hi all. I have recently been looking at my DVD to disk storage ratio and was wondering if any of the DVD changers on the market, or from the days gone by are still compatible with LinuxMCE. I would really like to load my series DVD's into the core for "on a whim" playback. However with the new HD content taking sometimes 4G an hour, even though disk is cheap these days, I would like to re-purpose my existing disk for recordings. But rather than have to run about gathering up series DVD's and movies, I was wondering if a Jukebox would still foot the bill.

Thanks in advance, and Best Regards,

Seth
".....Because Once you've LinuxMCE'd....."
System stats located at my user page:

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Seth

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
Re: DVD Jukeboxes? Are there any compatible with the system these days?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 07:15:31 pm »
Unfortunately, none of the devs have access to these jukeboxes anymore, as they have either died, or been stolen by Danish people who claimed to be helpful souls for LinuxMCE.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: DVD Jukeboxes? Are there any compatible with the system these days?
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 08:49:07 pm »
All of my Sony VGP-XL1B3 jukeboxes have all died spectacular deaths, and the Powerfile series of jukeboxes no longer exist (ironically, I think those are far better built). I do think tkmedia still has working units.

-Thom