The things to note:
* The media handler can deal with URLs. By itself, it doesn't care what it's passed, it only cares that the target plugin and player pairs can handle it. As it turns out, the Xine_Player can handle internet radio URLs just fine, they just need the raw stream URL.
* Media Types can be defined by plugins in code. And we should be able to add multiple radio selections from a file list into a working playlist, which can be saved.
* In the end, this will come up in Audio, and a page in web admin will have to be created to hold URLs to streaming stations from sites so that the file list can have something to pull from... maybe connect into a streaming station search API of sorts so that searches can be made for stations in addition to creating a stack of favourites.
* Define a default helper in the browser so that .pls, .m3u files etc would go to a script of ours, which would add the streaming URL to the system, and send a media handler request to play it.
* Finally, An orbiter remote should also be made for all the variations, that doesn't have the ffw/rew buttons, and maybe other buttons that would be apt for it.
This is sort of the thought process that's going on in my head, yes it's a lot, but in the end, think of what would be the benefit to users:
* Users could select a URL from a site, listen to it play, and it would add the URL to the list of stations.
* Users could manipulate radio station URLs from the web admin
* Users could quickly select and build playlists of favourite stations
* Users could use all the regular media facilities to send the radio station to all supported devices
and so on.