Author Topic: DT 366 - Atigo S (Updated w/ 512MB Models)  (Read 35538 times)

jimmejames

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: DT 366 - Atigo S (Updated w/ 512MB Models)
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2008, 06:17:07 pm »
Who else here is impressed that you can throw out something an in hours or even minutes sometimes, the answer is displayed in black and white. 

Some may bitch that some of the responses are hostile.  It has been my experience that the forums contain a wealth of information and that when hostile responses have been posted it was because the answers had been posted countless times and a simple search for the topic would have yielded the answers.

I've got friends (non-tech accountants and what not) that can't wait to get this installed in their homes based on a few experiences with it. One just told his contractor that he wanted 'internet wire' run though the house.

This is certainly the wrong post to post this in and I don't mean to start a fire...

/gets fire extinguisher and waits for hari to get popcorn

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2008, 06:42:50 pm »
you're welcome.

By the same token, I do realise that I can be a bit ascerbic when dealing with questions I've already answered. I am trying to curb that.

All things considered, I try to answer every question that I have an answer for.

-Thom

darkcirca

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2008, 03:07:04 pm »
I was finally able to sit down and test one of these things out.

Thoms image is meant for a "larger 512", but my fiance did a bit of tweaking and resized the partition and got it to fit on the one I have here. If people are interested in purchasing any of these that I have left, I will gladly give out the image we fixed, as well as the BIOS update I have. After I did the BIOS update on one, I noticed CE wouldn't boot - but I haven't attempted a reflash of that. So I will give the BIOS update out to someone who wants the orbiter, and not CE. If I find out it works fine, I'll edit this and do the update to all of them.

Here's the catch on the image, it "ends" at 97% (as this is where the table was cut off to kill the remaining free space on it), but it works fine. I can snaps some images of it later if someone wants to see it up and running.

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2008, 03:39:48 pm »
darkcirca,

would you mind posting your disk image someplace, so people can try it on their own?

Thanks.

rgds
Oliver

darkcirca

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2008, 03:42:40 pm »
I do plan to post the orbiter image, but not just yet, as I'm not sure if he is done fiddling with it.

On a side note, I was correct, after flashing the new BIOS, CE will not boot, even after it is reimaged. I'm leaving the original BIOS on them for when I ship them out, that way if someone wants to use CE, they can, then they can install the updated BIOS. I will email this to the people that get the devices, as well as instructions.

darkcirca

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2008, 02:32:15 am »
I will hopefully get that posted later, it will be in the DT366 thread, as well as here.

HOWEVER I HAVE AN UPDATE:

All units have been updated to the newest BIOS, and the DO BOOT CE fine (updated CE)! They come ready for you to plug your USB stick in and go. So for those of you who wanted to make sure LinuxMCE can install on here, I have tested it, and it worked fine :)

I will update with the link once the image is up and running to our satisfaction.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2008, 02:36:08 am »
It is worth noting that the 36x x86 tablets will not run the current Windows CE orbiter. It is not built correctly, and I wasn't able to get it to build correctly for WinCE 5 yet. This is a project for someone who has experience with embedded Visual C++ and the appropriate POCKET PC SDK.

I basically did PadOrbiter because I got tired of wrestling with the compiler and the toolchain.

-Thom

darkcirca

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: DT 366 - Atigo S (Updated w/ 512MB Models) & Link
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2008, 02:46:49 am »
It is worth noting that the 36x x86 tablets will not run the current Windows CE orbiter. It is not built correctly, and I wasn't able to get it to build correctly for WinCE 5 yet. This is a project for someone who has experience with embedded Visual C++ and the appropriate POCKET PC SDK.

I basically did PadOrbiter because I got tired of wrestling with the compiler and the toolchain.

-Thom

I'm not looking to do the Windows CE Orbiter, we were just redoing what you had created as the install, to fit it on a typical 512MB device (the IDE Flash chips come in various "512MB" models).

I wanted to ship the units out with the correct BIOS, and give people the option to leave CE on there, or install the PadOrbiter. The BIOS update originally hosed CE, but I managed to get a CE update, which solved the issue. Now I can ship the units out with those updates, and if they want to ghost the CE image for future use, they can.

I resorted to a free host, so if someone wants to upload and host it on their own website/web server, that's fine with me. Just put the letters in the box on the upper right, and hit download.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZX9FG527

***This still errors out at 97%, but it works fine (basically the last 3% was removed, but we didn't update the install - too much of a pain). Follow Thom's directions and use dd to put it on a flash stick..
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 04:18:43 pm by darkcirca »

darkcirca

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2008, 05:44:17 pm »
I've got approx. 12 units left.

darkcirca

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2009, 01:41:44 am »
All the remaining CE editions have been sold.

I do however have several remaining external batteries I will be selling for $35 shipped via Priority Mail if someone is interested.

Payment can either be by PayPal or USPS Money Order (must be received and cleared prior to shipment).

I have been running a test on an external battery tonight. I'm going to assume they last 2-4 hours each. I've hit 2 hours so far and it's at 80% while running with the internal.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 05:02:43 am by darkcirca »

jthodges

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2009, 05:29:55 pm »
Can the XP versions of the 366 be used as an orbiter as well?

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2009, 05:32:05 pm »
Note that this is XPe, not XP.. two..different...things..

all of these devices can be flashed with my PadOrbiter image...

But you need a Windows XP based machine or a WinCE based ARM device to run the orbiters available on the install page.

-Thom

darkcirca

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2009, 07:36:06 pm »
Yes, for PadOrbiter (listed over) can be flashed onto any 366. The biggest issue was it being the right size. The corrected image is in this thread as well, as Thom's image was for a different size 512MB flash memory.

The CE edition that was originally on the units was newer than the one used for the WinCE orbiter, so PadOrbiter had to be used.

darkcirca

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2009, 01:07:11 am »
I've got 4 external batteries remaining.

darkcirca

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
External Batteries
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2009, 12:24:46 am »
I still have a few of the external clip-on batteries left. These were all new in a bulk box, have been charged and each has been plugged in to make sure it works.

These work in most of the older DT units, including DT366 / DT368 / DT375. I believe they changed the style for the DT 310 / DT360.

Battery Only - $35 shipped
Battery + Battery Charger - $55 Shipped - This includes battery, the battery charger, as well as the power supply (power supply can also be used on the DT itself).

I have spare chargers as well.

For payment: USPS Money Order, PayPal, or Credit Card over the phone (done on a company account)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 12:45:02 am by darkcirca »