Author Topic: DT 366 - Atigo S (Updated w/ 512MB Models)  (Read 35544 times)

darkcirca

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
DT 366 - Atigo S (Updated w/ 512MB Models)
« on: November 30, 2008, 02:23:07 am »
[SOLD]
I'm also included the stock wireless card (I believe it's a Wireless B Card), power adapter, and they all have internal batteries. Batteries are not guaranteed to hold a charge, as they are untested.

As these are used, they may have a label on the front of the cover, which can easily be removed (I've been trying to remove most of them).

Listing price is $130 + Shipping to your location (US Only) - FedEx, UPS, or USPS, your choice. I currently only accept PayPal.

Please do not email me asking for copies of the CE image. Each unit is licensed for a specific version of CE, and I cannot be giving out images, especially since I do not know your license agreement.

The units I sold already contained CE and an updated BIOS.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 05:12:58 am by darkcirca »

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: DT 366 - Atigo S
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 02:54:11 am »
It is worth noting that the images I've created require 512 megs of flash at least, and 128 megs of ram, with 256 megs of ram preferred.

The Windows CE orbiter can run on the 375, but am unsure of the exact RAM requirements.

-Thom

darkcirca

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 07:54:39 pm »
I've got approximately 8 units (Atigo S- DT366 GX) with 256MB of RAM, and 512MB Flash.

These units are all loaded with CE 5.0, and include a power adapter, as well as an external battery charger (and external battery).

I also have approx. 5 of the same units that will have docks instead of the external battery and charger.

These units are all used, which means some may have labels on them still (trying to peel these all off), and small scratches. They are still in usable condition though.

Each unit has a wireless card as well as a stylus.

$130 + shipping.

If you want both a dock and external battery charger, I can possibly do that please email me and we can figure out a price.

I cannot guarantee internal batteries and the charge length, as these units are used.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 01:34:50 am by darkcirca »

darkcirca

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 08:24:24 pm »
I did have someone ask what the GX is for - the Atigo S comes in 3 different variations, the GX being one of them.

Here is the listing of the specs:
Display 8.4” Hi-Brite TFT LCD with Resistive Touch and
Outdoor-Viewable Option
Display Resolution 800 x 600 (SVGA)
Processor AMD Geode™ GX 533
Memory (fl ash) 64MB – 8GB
Memory (RAM) 256MB
Software Operating Systems Windows CE; Windows XP Embedded;
Windows XP Professional
Storage Internal fl ash module; External USB;
CompactFlash slot
Stylus Yes, non-electronic tip
Desktop Cradle Pass-through for power; USB for keyboard and mouse
Protective Jacket Rubber with elastic hand strap, adds drop protection
Network Interface (incl. WLAN) PCMCIA or mini-PCI; CompactFlash slot; USB; Bluetooth
Wireless WAN PCMCIA
Input and Control Buttons Four (4) front buttons; One (1) oval 4-way;
One Power (left edge); One Record (right edge)
Input/Output Ports 12V DC-in Jack; Microphone-In; Headset Jack;
USB 1.1 Port
Enclosure Magnesium-Aluminum alloy
AC/DC adapter Input: 100-240VAC, 1.2A; Output: 12VDC, 3.5A
Power Cords North America, EU, UK
Battery Packs (Lithium-Ion) Internal (14W); Optional External (28W, 0.5lb), and
Optional Tethered Pouch (72W, 1lb)
Dimensions (H x W x D) 7.9 x 9.6 x 0.8 (in); 200 x 240 x 18 (mm)
Base Weight 1.9 lbs (0.86 kg)
Regulatory FCC Class B, CE, UL
Operating Temperature 0° – 40°C
Humidity 0% – 90% non-condensing

Battery Charger & External Battery - uses the same charger as the Atigo

Atigo S - DT366GX - On Cradle (currently being charged)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 09:00:36 pm by darkcirca »

darkcirca

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 10:06:41 pm »
I did a count today:
14 external batteries
8 external battery chargers
11 docks
15 Atigo S - 512MB (there is one odd one out with 1GB - it will be sold as a 512, and if you get it, then it's a bonus!)

darkcirca

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2008, 01:40:45 am »
1 w/ dock sold
2 docks ppu

Here's the other deal:
I've never shipped internationally - never really planned to either, as I have no idea how. If you are willing to help out with the process, I will be willing to ship - as long as it doesn't require me standing in line at the post office. I don't mind UPS, FedEx, and I highly prefer DHL, as I know someone who can help with them.

Pickup Location: Herndon, VA / Chantilly, VA / Fairfax Station, VA / Lorton, VA
The first two are my 2 work places, which I'm at Tuesday-Friday, the last 2 are where my residence is. I'm more than happy to do local pickup if you want to swing by my office, or meet me locally to Lorton/Fairfax Station.

Thanks!

krys

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: DT 366 - Atigo S (Updated w/ 512MB Models)
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2008, 06:03:59 pm »
I sent you a pm

darkcirca

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2008, 07:03:15 pm »
Remaining:
13 external batteries
5 external battery chargers
7 docks
13 Atigo S - 512MB
(and there may be more of each thing if need be).

Shipping ranges from about $12 (locally to me) to $20 (west coast). I always calculate based on the zip code, so if you are interested in a quote, please email me with what you are interested in, as well as the zip code.

darkcirca

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Update
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2008, 08:07:32 pm »
Remaining:
11 external batteries
5 external battery chargers
7 docks
12 Atigo S - 512MB

Please PM if you are interested. If you are interesting in purchasing an external battery as well as a dock, I am more than willing to work with you on that. You are welcome to make a price off for multiple items as well.

I'm also more than happy to combine shipping if two people want to purchase multiple units to one place (say your friend wants one as well). This is a great option if someone wants international shipping - that is, if you will help me figure out how customs papers and everything else works!!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 10:03:43 pm by darkcirca »

seth

• Guru
  • A day w/o LinuxMCE is like a day w/o sunshine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2008, 01:53:07 pm »
 :)
Hi. Quick question. These units, you can keep the default WinCE installed and just install the orbiter software, or would it require the full flash, i.e replacing the existing OS?

My wife would like something in the kitchen, she can pull recipes up on, and still have control over the Living room. So she could use the browser on the web pad, and still launch the Orbiter software. I know there is talk of integrating a recipe function into the orbiters, and this would definitely instigate very high WAF, but The need for the recipe thing is even more pressing these days, and she is tired of hauling her laptop around. I also have a recipe program for WinCE, that I downloaded back when I had a WinCE PDA.

Thanks.

Regards,

Seth
".....Because Once you've LinuxMCE'd....."
System stats located at my user page:

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Seth

darkcirca

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2008, 03:02:08 pm »
I currently do not have one of these installed, so I cannot speak about that. I have plans to eventually try it out, but that has to wait until I'm not as stressed out with college, work, and the holidays. I also need to get a new USB stick, because both my Kingston's do not work on any of the DT units I have (which includes the 366, 368, 375, and another model I can't remember).

Maybe someone else can chime in about this...

jimmejames

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2008, 04:26:38 pm »
Thom is the person of authority to answer the question and what will happen in the future, but for now it requires a full flash of the drive.  I have recently had to buy a flash memory card to fit one of the 366's to get Thom's image flashed on it and I can tell you how easy it is to get these apart.

Something like 6 screws on the outside and 5 inside the case and you have access to the flash ide memory card- 44 pins.  I bought mine from PC Universe for about $23 shipped to central US location.  Still waiting for the drive to show up, but it's easy to swap them out- probably, however, not when cooking.

I think tkmedia is selling a usb drive that has the original image on it so you can restore an original image later.  Thom's process takes ~20 minutes or so, I would guess the win OS would be about the same.

darkcirca

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2008, 04:34:58 pm »
Yep, taking them apart is easy. Just take off all the screws, remove the battery, the remove the screws under the battery. Inside is 5 screws holding the LCD in, which you have to remove. You carefully flip the entire inside part up and on the back you will see the IDE Flash Chip.

You can make a Ghost image of CE if you want.

Thanks for posting back on this for me. It's a bit odd, as I thought Thom said it worked with the 512? Guess I'll see once I get a new flash drive to try it.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 05:35:57 am by darkcirca »

jimmejames

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2008, 05:36:08 pm »
I'm not sure on how flash memory works.  It seems that sometimes when you buy a 512mb stick you get either more or less than the specified.  One 512 stick I have actually holds 524mb.  I'm not sure how close to 512mb Thom's image requires.  If a full 512, then maybe 50% of the time a 366 with "512mb" will work and 50% of the time "512mb" will not be enough- based purely on a straight 50/50 probability.

Someone with technical knowledge may be able to chime in on this...

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2008, 05:41:05 pm »
my dd'ed image is formatted for the initial unit that I recieved. Which is 512 binary megabytes, (524,288,000 bytes)

It will not work if the target contains less than this.

-Thom