Author Topic: Playlists  (Read 2399 times)

secs

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Playlists
« on: December 09, 2008, 10:48:04 am »
Is there a way to randomly select a track in a playlist or to have the system shuffle/random a track as part of an event?

I am using a timed event as a wakeup and would like to wake up to something differnt each day. I can create a playlist of all music and load it but how do I get a random track each day.

Pete

freymann

• Douchebag
  • Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Playlists
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 01:59:43 pm »
Is there a way to randomly select a track in a playlist or to have the system shuffle/random a track as part of an event?

I am using a timed event as a wakeup and would like to wake up to something differnt each day. I can create a playlist of all music and load it but how do I get a random track each day.

You can make it play back in Random order after you start it, but I don't think you can achieve what you want to do, since you're starting a playlist as part of an event.

If you were to start the playlist by hand and then wanted it to play back in random order? F7, go to the left most option, up to random (if you're using UI2).

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: Playlists
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 02:46:32 pm »
Send the Random command to the Media Plugin, after doing the MH Play Media command, in your event.

-Thom