Author Topic: Mythweb - recorded programs shows deleted tv shows  (Read 12909 times)

donpaul

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Mythweb - recorded programs shows deleted tv shows
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2009, 12:39:49 am »
Unforunately, UpdateMedia would find the file again.

What needs to happen, is that logic needs to be added to MythTV_PlugIn to trigger deletes via the mythtv control port.

We as always are looking for patches, if we don't get to it first.

-Thom

Wouldn't it then treat it like every other live tv recording, and not show it in the list of videos? I often see shows I watch show up in the video list, then shortly disappear. The only videos that stay in the list are the ones that I record, and are processed with /usr/pluto/bin/SaveMythRecording.sh.

Steve

• Veteran
  • 16 Years Linux exp.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2009, 02:16:11 am »
Darn, no wonder mine hasn't broke yet I don't have the file SaveMythRecording.sh. Thom, sorry, I didnt mean to come off like a Know-it-all. I am running 7.1r2 of LMCE. Does that make a diff? Don't worry, i'm not tring to steal the thread. i'm just tring to help out so we can all figure this problem out. Where could I find that file, it is not in /usr/pluto/bin/?
Hybrid core Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R m/b 2.8Ghz 2 gig ram. HVR1600 on the core. 2 Orbiter on Android for control 1 phone the other tablet. Running 10.04

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2009, 06:24:27 am »
it should be there. It's part of the pluto-mythtv-plugin package. This is how the metadata gets populated into LMCE's video list after a show is recorded. (It doesn't populate it per-se, it sends a signal to MythTV_PlugIn to grab the relevant metadata.)

-Thom

Steve

• Veteran
  • 16 Years Linux exp.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2009, 06:58:39 pm »
Thom, I have searched all of the sources that I have for SaveMythRecording.sh to none avail. in 7.1r2 ver. So I guess i'm going to have to redo my system to 8.1 to get up to date which is not all stable and missing some packages. Unless there is some repository I should be pointing my core to. cause the repositories it is curently pointing to do not exist.

Hybrid core Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R m/b 2.8Ghz 2 gig ram. HVR1600 on the core. 2 Orbiter on Android for control 1 phone the other tablet. Running 10.04

donpaul

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2009, 02:54:59 pm »
I found a workaround for MythTv recordings in LinuxMCE that should help.

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/MythTv:_Don%27t_scan_live_tv

donpaul

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2009, 02:56:53 am »
I found a workaround for MythTv recordings in LinuxMCE that should help.

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/MythTv:_Don%27t_scan_live_tv

This answer is irrelevant to the original post.

Try reading the wiki again. It will solve his issue with deleted shows showing in MythTV and not able to delete. The show will still be listed, but he could now delete it and _IT_WILL_EXPIRE_PROPERLY_.

You weren't the original poster anyway - Troll somewhere else.

Steve

• Veteran
  • 16 Years Linux exp.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2009, 05:57:29 am »
I did go back and reread the wiki, and you are right! My Bad, Sorry!
And just so we don't get off on the wrong foot. I was not trolling. I was trying to help. I have seen this happen in mythbuntu before I came to linuxmce.