Author Topic: Mythweb - recorded programs shows deleted tv shows  (Read 12899 times)

daballiemo

• Guru
  • Full Blown Addict
    • View Profile
Mythweb - recorded programs shows deleted tv shows
« on: November 25, 2008, 08:51:06 pm »
When watching recordings I normally tend to delete the shows after watching (which is a bit of a pain  ;D , because after the show you have to go back to 1) video 2) filter on tv shows 3) find which show out of the 45 CSI's I watched and then 4) delete.)

I noticed however that these shows still show in the mythweb page for recorded shows  :'( . When selecting one i get: "1008_20081123001000.mpg does not exist in the recordings directory." which does not happen for the not deleted show.

Additional I cannot delete them using the Mythweb interface  >:( . The only way to get rid of them is deleting the record out of the database by hand.

Either I am doing something wrong or the system is screwed. Searching on the forum did not reveal any answer so far, anybody got a clue  ??? ?

thx

Han
HP N40L12.04 KVM with virt LCME8.10/10.04
MD: FoxConn NetBox 330I - Samsung LE 26 (1360* 768)
MD: M2NPV-VM dual core AMD 64/3800/2Gb/NV6150 - Samsung UE 55 C8700 (full hd, 3d)
MD: FoxConn NetBox 330I - LG 32ld350

seth

• Guru
  • A day w/o LinuxMCE is like a day w/o sunshine!
    • View Profile
Re: Mythweb - recorded programs shows deleted tv shows
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 08:58:12 pm »
 :)
Here is how I do it. And it is a bit of an obstacle course as well.

I go into watch MythTV. Once it loads up and a show is playing on the screen, I hit the "Recorded TV" button on my MCE/Gyration or Logitech remote. This brings me to the mythtv recording playback menu, (incidently, if you want to use commercial skip, this is also how you can enjoy that feature.) from that menu, I choose the show I want to delete. Using the D-Pad, or arrow keys on any of the remotes I have, You go right, go to the show, highlight it, and go right again. This brings up the MythTV menu, from here I delete the recording, and when prompted say "Yes I'm Sure"

Now in a bit, the LMCE menu will catch up, and the show/movie will no longer show up there.

Not graceful, but it does work.

Regards,

Seth
".....Because Once you've LinuxMCE'd....."
System stats located at my user page:

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Seth

daballiemo

• Guru
  • Full Blown Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 09:05:48 pm »
Cheers Seth,

I'm gonna give it a go in a moment ;-)
MD: M2NPV-VM dual core AMD 64/3800/2Gb/NV6150 - Samsung UE 55 C8700 (full hd, 3d)

daballiemo

• Guru
  • Full Blown Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 10:19:34 pm »
Well, that worked but I reckon its not the designed way to do it. Allthough I like the amount of info I get out of the Myth interface ;-)
I really can't be the only one suffering this..... :'(

Anybody has got any other suggestions?
Is there a way to edit the script in myth that fills the LCME database to make it more descriptive when adding recordings of reoccuring shows

CSI Miami - Till death do us..   in stead of CSI Miami
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 10:35:04 pm by daballiemo »

skeptic

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2008, 01:16:42 am »
Others have brought up this same issue, myself included.  For now I just watch all my recorded shows via MythTV.  Unfortunately I have to say it's a much nicer interface for this type of watching/deleting.  Watch a show, at the end it brings you back to the list of recorded shows, sorted by show if that's how you found and played it first, and is quick and easy to delete.  It also has the episode name there on the screen easy to see. 

As I understand it, the next version of LinuxMCE may have an option to go straight to the MythTV recorded shows screen from the main MythTV menu without going into MythTV and backing out or using the menu/key option to get to recorded shows.  If this option can be combined with a way to have recorded shows not show up with the other movie videos I think it will resolve a number of annoyances.

I understand the idea of combining all videos, no matter what the source, type, or location into one big list.  Unfortunately recorded TV shows are treated by users very different from the way we watch movies.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 03:57:03 pm »
No. This is not the direction that will be taken.

Sorry.

We will be optimizing use so that TV shows will be presented better in the file list, as well as improving the view so that it is usable.

I will not be muddying up UI between MythTV and Orbiter. Do not ask. I have already made up my mind. You don't like it, make patches, and we'll test stuff out.

-Thom

p.s. As for deleted TV shows, this is a known issue, and I will need to add a series of events for deleted files, so that MythTV plugin can attach to it, and delete the appropriate data from the mythconverg database.

daballiemo

• Guru
  • Full Blown Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2008, 10:06:30 pm »
Thx guys, at least I now have a work around and hope that in the near future I will be able to use the orbiter.
Hopefully :-) the next release will be there before X-mas. I'm getting low on the WAF scale  ::)

seth

• Guru
  • A day w/o LinuxMCE is like a day w/o sunshine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2008, 02:25:05 pm »
 ;)
If its any consolation daballiemo, my wife has very poor eyesight from 12 ft across the room to fully utilize the LMCE menu system in relations to the Video Menu. She uses MythTV daily for watching and playing back of all recordings. I have scripts in place that remove commercials, and this really makes MythTV a good playback platform. I have even gone as far to change what the orbiter lists as TV to say MythTV, so she knows right where to go. She uses Mythweb to schedule her recordings, and she watches them from within MythTV. She does this by going from MythTV, hitting the button to bring up the LMCE menu, and selecting the recordings. To make WAF even easier, pick up an MCE remote from e-bay or something, it actually has a live tv button on it which launches MythTV and it also has a recorded tv button, which magically jumps right to the MythTV recording menu, from within MythTV. I have even gone as far as to put her favorite MyhTV theme on there, and change the xorg.conf file to use 100x100 DPI fonts, to better enhance the BlooTube theme she likes so much. These little things can make WAF easy to achieve. A note here, we were a Knoppmyth family for several years before the LMCE project came to life in my place, so this made it very easy for her to accept.

I personally like using the gyration remote, and the LMCE video menu, to filter for children, and select their shows for playback, with the gyration this is like 4 clicks, but if using MythTV keeps LMCE running in my home, more power to her  ;)

Best Regards,

Seth
".....Because Once you've LinuxMCE'd....."
System stats located at my user page:

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Seth

skeptic

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2008, 03:57:05 pm »
No. This is not the direction that will be taken.

Sorry.

We will be optimizing use so that TV shows will be presented better in the file list, as well as improving the view so that it is usable.

I will not be muddying up UI between MythTV and Orbiter. Do not ask. I have already made up my mind. You don't like it, make patches, and we'll test stuff out.

-Thom

p.s. As for deleted TV shows, this is a known issue, and I will need to add a series of events for deleted files, so that MythTV plugin can attach to it, and delete the appropriate data from the mythconverg database.

I thought someone, maybe you?, said a direct jump to the recorded shows in Myth was the plan.  Eh, either way I trust whatever you have planned will work out well.  As long as something is planned to make it easier to sort through TV shows and watch/delete them I'm happy. 

donpaul

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2009, 04:50:39 am »
I ran into the issue, and found this post during a search. Currently I get a lot of errors like this:

2009-02-26 22:32:16.891 ERROR when trying to delete file: /home/public/data/videos/tv_shows_1/1501_20090226200000.mpg. File doesn't exist.  Database metadata will not be removed.

When a recording is deleted from LMCE, why not just remove the data from LMCE db (so it no longer shows in the video lib) and let myth expire the recording like it does all the others?

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2009, 06:14:26 am »
Unforunately, UpdateMedia would find the file again.

What needs to happen, is that logic needs to be added to MythTV_PlugIn to trigger deletes via the mythtv control port.

We as always are looking for patches, if we don't get to it first.

-Thom

Steve

• Veteran
  • 16 Years Linux exp.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2009, 08:24:38 pm »
Here's how i did it, go to http://192.168.80.1/mythweb/settings/mythweb
Where it say's MythVideo Dir: /home/public/data/videos/tv_shows_1
If that is where your shows are being recorded changing tv_shows_1 to the subdirectory of yours.
And do the same for MythVideo Artwork Dir: /home/public/data/videos/tv_shows_1
apparently these are set to mythtv defaults.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 08:35:59 pm by matrex »
Hybrid core Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R m/b 2.8Ghz 2 gig ram. HVR1600 on the core. 2 Orbiter on Android for control 1 phone the other tablet. Running 10.04

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2009, 09:01:46 pm »
DO _not_ change these paths! You will break the system.

-Thom

Steve

• Veteran
  • 16 Years Linux exp.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2009, 08:01:42 pm »
Well, maybe you are right, but it did not break mine. maybe it is system independent.
Hybrid core Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R m/b 2.8Ghz 2 gig ram. HVR1600 on the core. 2 Orbiter on Android for control 1 phone the other tablet. Running 10.04

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2009, 08:12:54 pm »
Dude, I'm one of the developers. I know i'm right. Take some time to look at the code for the MythTV_PlugIn.

*hmm*

-Thom