I am completely new to Linux and LMCE. A friend of mine told me about it and, I must admit, I was impressed by how feature rich he said it was. So, I installed LMCE 0710 RC2 64-bit version) on a Toshiba Satellite L300D-10Q about 2 weeks ago to have a look at what it can do. Unfortunately, I am having various problems configuring it. Some of them are:
1. The AMD Athlon X2 64 bit CPU is supposed to run at about 1.7 GHz but is registering in Kubuntu as 800 MHz. Is this normal?
2. The screen's resolution is 1280x800 but the OS will only display 1024x768 properly. Any ideas how to fix this?
3. Disappointingly, in the Kubuntu desktop, my machine keeps hanging. (I though only Windows did this.) The only thing I can do is force a shutdown using the power button. I guess this is a symptom of an underlying problem. How can I find out what is causing this to happen?
4. Audio CDs are seen as blank so I can't rip them. Why? I installed LMCE using a DVD I created from an ISO I downloaded, so the h/w is not dodgy.
5. The MP3s and JPG images I have copied to my HD are not being seen by the LMCE console. Where can I tell it where to look for them?
Any feedback/suggestions/jokes to cheer me up would be really helpful.