Author Topic: RCS-TR40  (Read 2978 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
RCS-TR40
« on: March 10, 2006, 09:01:20 pm »
Hello there,

I'm new to pluto, and I've been considering using it in my own house.
I'm looking for a solution that can control my thermostat as well, which is a RCS-TR40 using RS485.

Is there any support for the RCS serial drivers, and/or has anyone got Pluto working for an RCS serial communication thermostat?

See also the serial protocol document on
http://www.resconsys.com/products/stats/serial.htm

thanks
Peter

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
RCS-TR40
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006, 03:59:41 pm »
I don't think that we have the device template for this device.

The only solution you have right now is to implement it yourself (if the documentation for protocol is available)

You don't need to go into very deep programming, just few line of Ruby could make it work.

For more information please search on forum for "GSD" and "Generic_Serial_Device"

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
RCS-TR40
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2006, 05:27:31 pm »
Peter,

I have this same manufacturer, but the TR16.  If yours is similar to mine (bi-directional) then it is likely that it uses a whole set of the X10 house codes, e.g. A1 through A16, or B1 through B16, etc. with lights on/off commands for setting the temp.  My solution (not pretty!!) was to create a separate thermostat device for each on/off house code.  Say 70 degrees is set with an "on" command to A1 and 71 degrees is set with an "off" command to A1, then I would create a thermostat device labeled A1 for those 2 temperaturs.  72 and 73 would fall under "on/off" for A2, etc.

I admit this is an ugly solution and if anyone has any other suggestions, it would be appreciated!

Sevak

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
RCS-TR40
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 07:36:52 am »
I think you might have the TXB16, not the TR16? The TR16's protocol is nearly identical to the TR40, but both are RS485 based, not X10.

As far I can see on the RCS website, neither the TR40 or TR16 support X10 communication. So it looks like I might have to write my own driver. Thanks for the response though.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
RCS-TR40
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 04:28:16 pm »
Oops!  Yes, you are right.  The TXB16 looks identical to the TR16 and it supports X10.