Author Topic: Digging into the Archives: Discussion on DCE concepts.  (Read 2593 times)

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Digging into the Archives: Discussion on DCE concepts.
« on: November 20, 2008, 08:03:50 pm »
I am starting a series of threads that look back into Pluto's own forum archive.

Why am I doing this?

Simple, often I find all sorts of gems of information useful for users and developers alike buried in old posts in the Archived section of our forum.

In this case, here is a very revealing thread on the concept of DCE and its messaging system. Some examples are pushed here, particularly the concept that there are an infinite number of DCE message types, not just commands and events, and what they could potentially be used for. Great reading.

http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=10.msg30#msg30

-Thom

MarcoZan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Digging into the Archives: Discussion on DCE concepts.
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 09:27:09 am »
I remember this post, if I'm not wrong it was a discussion between aaron.b and tinia/bulek.

At that time there were several threads like this, as more people were approaching Pluto and were willing to understand the underlying concept.

I also remember that aaron.b answers were usually very detailed, so it is very likely that useful informations can be retrieved from those posts as well as from some posts of other Pluto developers of that time

Nice idea, Thom

Regards
Marco

bulek

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
Re: Digging into the Archives: Discussion on DCE concepts.
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 09:52:12 pm »
Hi,

yeap those were the times... I remember that I was dissapointed when seeing Pluto 1 as being high priced closed source product and then went crazy when they announced V2 to be open source... And then transition to LMCE and hopes for the community to grow... And I think we're on the right way....

When I search forum, I also find a lot of useful info on archived posts (from original Pluto site)...

Thanks again to all guys working on this system...

Sorry for being off topic, but I think Thom has the right idea...Let's dig out, a lot of info was already spoken, written, but maybe not understood well enough at that time...

Regards,

Bulek....
Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.