Author Topic: Any plans to support UPB lighting?  (Read 4528 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Any plans to support UPB lighting?
« on: March 11, 2005, 01:38:41 am »
I just installed about 60 UPB switches and inwall keypads in my home.  I'm planning to integrate UPB with my HAI OmniPro II, but are there plans to support UPB natively in Pluto?

The serial protocol of the Powerline Interface Module (PIM) is pretty straightforward when operating in "message mode".  It might even be possible to build something using a generic serial driver.

I primarily need the ability to sense keypad button presses (scene activate commands) and to invoke scenes based on other events (like walking into a room).  I don't need to track the status of individual lights, although that would be nice.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2005, 11:35:46 pm »
I know a generic/base serial driver is in the works for the next version or the version after that. It sounds like it will provide a decent base to work off of.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2005, 03:00:38 pm »
Yes, the generic serial driver will make development of drivers pretty easy.  However, to make a driver that has a more tight integration and can monitor state, recover from errors, and so on, still needs to be done by hand in C++.

If you want to see how it's done, click 'advanced' 'device templates'.  Add the manufacturer if it's not there, and the model for the device with the rs232 interface.  Be sure the category of device is interfaces/lighting or interfaces/specialized.

You can see our own CM11A device and how this works as a template.  Make note of the device template ID.  Then in /usr/pluto/bin run DCEGen -d [device id].  That will create a C++ program for you that's ready to compile and implement.  If you add commands, data or events to teh device template, just re-run DCEGen and choose "merge" to merge in the new code with your existing project.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
UPB support
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2006, 10:31:05 pm »
is it possible to use a javaapi set to get UPB functionality... i just saw this http://www.xpl4java.org/UPB4Java/

this guy created the code to program a UPB device .  was wondering if there was a simple way to plug it in .

new to pluto so excuse me if this sounds funny..

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2006, 03:47:48 pm »
you could install java on the pluto system.  we don't by default since it's so big.