Author Topic: Orbiter on hybrid not showing anymore - Solved (for now..)  (Read 2487 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Orbiter on hybrid not showing anymore - Solved (for now..)
« on: March 08, 2006, 02:22:20 am »
Hi all

after a forced reboot of my hybrid (had to reset ... it was no more responsive) on screen orbiter is not showing anymore.

I only get the dcerouter text screen but X is not starting.

During boot I've noticed some errors saying more or less that device 38638 (core/hybrid) is configured, but the script Generic_PC_as_MD was not found.

Actually that script is not present in /usr/pluto/bin, but I cannot remember whether it used to be there before or not.

I tried to uninstall pluto-boot-scripts and then reinstall it (together with all dependencies packages) but nothing happened.

Is there anything I can do to get OnScreen Orbiter back to work (besides rebuilding the whole box) ?

TIA
Marco

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Orbiter on hybrid not showing anymore - Solved (for now..)
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 10:28:51 am »
Hi all

after a couple more reboots things seems to be working fine again.

Didn't do anything special, simply I waited a full day before rebooting again. Maybe the nightly Update_Packages.sh settled everything.

Now I don't get anymore warning related to missing Generic_Pc_as_MD.sh missing, and Onscreen Orbiter is showing again.

Funny thing is that also now I couldn't find the mentioned script in any remote cluster of my HD.

May be interesting to understand what was the problem and what was the solution, so if anyone has some ideas please post it here

Thanks and regards
Marco