Author Topic: Use of MCE Linux with Luxom / Pluscontrol  (Read 3277 times)

Tomas

• First post!
    • View Profile
Use of MCE Linux with Luxom / Pluscontrol
« on: November 13, 2008, 03:27:43 pm »
I currently have a domotics system called "Luxom" (www.luxom.be). I use it for lighting and climate control

it interfaces to my computer using an Ethernet interface having a fixed IP address.

Using this interface I should be able to send/receive ascii commands which other application may use.

Would this work with Linux MCE and what is the most straightforward way of setting it up?

All I want is to be able to control this via any pc and PDA (connected via wifi and/or bluetooth)

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
Re: Use of MCE Linux with Luxom / Pluscontrol
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 04:08:15 pm »
quickest way would be a GSD. I don't see why this should not work when the spec is available.

br, Hari
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation

droopy4u

• First post!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 12:35:55 pm »
quickest way would be a GSD. I don't see why this should not work when the spec is available.

br, Hari

Hari,

Maybe a stupid question but what do you mean with GSD, I'm installing a Luxom installation, I'm interessed what you mean.
I like linux, but still have to learn, so I'm looking forward to your response.

toppot

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 12:46:13 pm »
Look here: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/GSD

This was a very simple search on the wiki... Since there is a wiki page with that title. Expect to do searches and learning yourself... If you do so, you will find that people are VERY willing to help.. If you sit back and expect everything to "fall in to the turban", then be prepared for the risk of some negativity or harsh answers...

-Tony

Hari,

Maybe a stupid question but what do you mean with GSD, I'm installing a Luxom installation, I'm interessed what you mean.
I like linux, but still have to learn, so I'm looking forward to your response.